Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Well i jsut got back from vacation and i am combining photos from two camera's. Problem is that one of them was set to 2005 and the other 2006. I tried using ExifTool, but it was a bit over my head. Does anyone know an easier way to fix the EXIF date to make it 2006? Thanks

-Will

Applespider

macrumors G4
This won't change the EXIF data per se and might be too simple for your needs.

If you just want them to show in iPhoto with the correct date, just highlight the ones that are 05, go to Photo, Batch Change and put in the appropriate date. If there are lots of different dates, there is a little plug-in that used to work for iPhoto 5 (I haven't use it for a while) which would allow you to add x hours/days/months/years to all your pics.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Applespider said:
This won't change the EXIF data per se and might be too simple for your needs.

If you just want them to show in iPhoto with the correct date, just highlight the ones that are 05, go to Photo, Batch Change and put in the appropriate date. If there are lots of different dates, there is a little plug-in that used to work for iPhoto 5 (I haven't use it for a while) which would allow you to add x hours/days/months/years to all your pics.
I don't think that will work. I just need to add +1 to the photos that are labeled 2005.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Applespider said:
Sorry.. all highlighted pics. Naturally, you don't have to do your entire library.

The photos i want to edit were taken between Jun1 and June 12. Will iPhoto only adjust the year or will i have to adjust each photo by day?

Applespider

macrumors G4
Try the scripts for your version of iPhoto from this site

There are several - one allows you to time shift dates by whatever. I'd guess you'll just highlight the pictures, run the script (choosing 1 year) and then it should move those 2005 dates forward. There's another script for going backwards should you need to too :p

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Applespider said:
Try the scripts for your version of iPhoto from this site

There are several - one allows you to time shift dates by whatever. I'd guess you'll just highlight the pictures, run the script (choosing 1 year) and then it should move those 2005 dates forward. There's another script for going backwards should you need to too :p

I love you! Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.