Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betheridge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
Can someone please tell me Why can't I get my pre-ordered phone yet everyone seems to have one and all that they are doing is taking them apart, dumping them in water, scratching them up, and bending them until they break! Meanwhile I have purchased an Otter Box for mine and still hAvent f%?king received it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
There is no clear answer as to why you have not received your iPhone as of yet. Your not the only one who has not received their iPhone. It's based on color, model and overall demand for the iPhone. Your carrier also contributes to delays as well, being some carriers are back ordered until Mid November.

And Apple also tends to quickly meet supply demands ahead of schedule, which in many cases I have received my devices earlier than what was predicted from a shipment date.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Can someone please tell me Why can't I get my pre-ordered phone yet everyone seems to have one and all that they are doing is taking them apart, dumping them in water, scratching them up, and bending them until they break! Meanwhile I have purchased an Otter Box for mine and still hAvent f%?king received it.
I can relate to your feelings.
Every YT channel has all colours and models available just to put them in a plastic bag with some keys.
It really is a sign of decadence and doesn't shed a good light on our society.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

All depends on what you ordered and when you ordered it.

ronincse

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I think it's pretty clear. They sold more phones than they had stock available and now are rushing to fulfill their orders (considering they said this would happen it shouldn't be surprising).

As far as why some get their's sooner? It's all based on color, size, and storage. Some people ordered sooner, some people ordered less in demand combinations. Then they had to ship at least some to stores as having a store presence is important, that they didn't reserve pluses at launch for this is frankly amazing to me.

Also take a deep breath, take a step back, and remember that today the 7 has been out for ONE WEEK. No one is doing to have their lives ruined because it took a few extra days to get a phone.

Every YT channel has all colours and models available just to put them in a plastic bag with some keys.

Seriously? People watch the reviews, that's it. Taking a piece of technology that absolutely no one in the world NEEDS and ruining it shows nothing about society except that people are interested in how it holds up. When we see videos of people wasting tons and tons of food for the hell of it or killing animals for no reason or something then it'll be a problem.

I'd say getting upset about having to wait a few days for that tech shows more about society than videos showing them get scratched.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.

Apple sends the phones to people ahead of time specifically so they can be reviewed.

This is a good thing. Lots of people don't trust apple enough to buy it sight unseen.
[doublepost=1474653393][/doublepost]

In the time it took you to watch one of those videos, dozens of iPhones were scrapped by Foxconn because they didn't meet Apples QA standards coming off the assembly line. I think society is just fine. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.