Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HackMacDaddy

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 17, 2019
Hey guys,

I just unboxed a new original Apple leather case for the iPhone 13 Mini. And first I thought I must be crazy because it was so light, and so smooth and slippery, I thought it must be fake pu leather.
I would like to know your experiences, does it get any better with time or does it stay this way? I owned many leather cases in the past, original ones and third party, but this thing is something else. I couldn't find any info if the grip improves with time or not. Only thing I found is the cases might have some kind of coating to protect them from wear and tear and this might be the culprit.
Believe it or not, right now I prefer the matte plastic case for under 10 bucks on my phone.

Thnaks for any input!

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
For past several years, I have Apple leather case on my iPhone SE (2020). I find the leather does get “grippier” over time as dirt, oils, sweat, etc from use and handling build up. The leather understandably gets darker. I like the weathered look of it.

Reactions: HackMacDaddy

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
It gets grippier.

But it's not my preferred effect.

The "get's smoother" of the iPhone X era leather cases was my preference.

-

Reactions: HackMacDaddy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.