Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t8er8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Seems correct:
  • X5680 = $46.88
  • X5690 = $89.88
I payed a little less than this with eBay promo last month, $41.64 for X5680.
Huh, here in canada you see the prices for these cpus from 150 to 200 so i thought something like his was too good to be true, but I may be wrong

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Huh, here in canada you see the prices for these cpus from 150 to 200 so i thought something like his was too good to be true, but I may be wrong
Prices of X56xx are historically at the lowest point, seems every datacenter is moving out of those. No-brainer buying X5680 now.

I bought two, first one with the 15% eBay bucks give-back and another one with the 10% off, last month two eBay promos. One is already with the customs here, if I'm lucky, maybe I'll get it next week.

Reactions: handheldgames

F1Mac

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014

I paid $120 US shipping included for a pair of 5680s about a month ago, $46 US is more or less $60 canadian for one CPU so it doesn’t seem “too good to be true” to me, just normal price (which is already a pretty good deal these days).

t8er8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Prices of X56xx are historically at the lowest point, seems every datacenter is moving out of those. No-brainer buying X5680 now.

I bought two, first one with the 15% eBay bucks give-back and another one with the 10% off, last month two eBay promos. One is already with the customs here, if I'm lucky, maybe I'll get it next week.
I paid $120 US shipping included for a pair of 5680s about a month ago, $46 US is more or less $60 canadian for one CPU so it doesn’t seem “too good to be true” to me, just normal price (which is already a pretty good deal these days).
Thanks for your input guys, I always just wanna be sure when getting things off ebay imported straight from hong kong.

F1Mac

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Thanks for your input guys, I always just wanna be sure when getting things off ebay imported straight from hong kong.

Just an FYI, I actually bought 2 pairs. First time from Hong Kong, they didn’t work. They arrived with thermal paste still on them here and there. The week after I ordered another pair, cheaper, from Texas. They arrived in mint condition, properly sealed and cleaned up. Works like charm.

It’s a different seller from what I see but, just be careful...

t8er8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Just an FYI, I actually bought 2 pairs. First time from Hong Kong, they didn’t work. They arrived with thermal paste still on them here and there. The week after I ordered another pair, cheaper, from Texas. They arrived in mint condition, properly sealed and cleaned up. Works like charm.

It’s a different seller from what I see but, just be careful...
Were ou able to return them in the end and get your money back?

F1Mac

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Were ou able to return them in the end and get your money back?

Yes I contacted them directly and they offered me to replace them or a refund. As I already had the new ones, I told them I would prefer a refund which they agreed to. I guess it was just bad luck but by comparison I was impressed by the perfect packaging I got from the US seller. It was money well spent.

w1z

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2013
Yes I contacted them directly and they offered me to replace them or a refund. As I already had the new ones, I told them I would prefer a refund which they agreed to. I guess it was just bad luck but by comparison I was impressed by the perfect packaging I got from the US seller. It was money well spent.
Can you share with us the username of the US seller?

I'm in the same boat but I'm looking for a X5690 true matched pair (same batch numbers) in mint to very good condition.

Thank you

DPUser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2012
Rancho Bohemia, California
I have always purchased from US sellers; one can usually find at least a few down the list. I paid almost $600 for a new W3680 when I did my first 4,1>5,1 upgrade years ago. It was a great deal back then, and the tremendous increase in performance from the stock quad-core CPU was well worth the investment. Fast forward to today and tsialex is absolutely correct:

No-brainer buying X5680 now.

w1z

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2013
Thanks @handheldgames - you previously recommended this store and so did @Morpheo.

They had a sale yesterday and I got mine for $94.89. I am planning on using them until I am able to track down a matched x5690 pair in mint condition and from a recent batch.. I am offering a finder's fee if anyone's interested **Only US sellers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.