Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
:eek:
So after much debate and waiting, I pulled the trigger. Amazon had a deal, which ends today, I think, where they had the XSi with lens kit, the 55-250mm IS, and a tiffen UV filter (who cares) for $714 shipped. Well, the free shipping takes 5-9 business days. No good for me.

So i have called a lot of places here in Portland to see if they will match prices. None of them would. SO on a limb two hours ago, i called shutterbug (local chain). They said they would match B&H and amazon WITH overnight shipping. I'm like that is cool (if a local chain will match prices online, i will support them). So i had everything in my "cart" on amazon, and go to check to see how much it is going to be with 1 business day shipping. $730!!! I get the camera and lens on Monday at 3:30pm:) They were out of stock on both.

If there is anyone in the Portland Metro area, i so highly recommend shutterbug. The guys were super cool and helpful. Just thought i'd share the deal...BTW, i am not sure if it does end today, they guy at the store said it did...i found the deal on gizmodo a few days ago and it is on techdealdigger.com i think

jake.f

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NSW, Australia
I just got the same thing as you, except here its called a 450D. My 55-250 is faulty and has to be seen to so I hope you don't have this problem.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
I just got the same thing as you, except here its called a 450D. My 55-250 is faulty and has to be seen to so I hope you don't have this problem.

The funny thing is i was looking for an XSI on ebay that said 450D. I went to ebay.uk.co or whatnot, but they say XSI. Wanna trade:) Isn't the T1i called Kiss, over there?

That sucks about the lens. Is it alright now?

jake.f

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NSW, Australia
The funny thing is i was looking for an XSI on ebay that said 450D. I went to ebay.uk.co or whatnot, but they say XSI. Wanna trade:) Isn't the T1i called Kiss, over there?

That sucks about the lens. Is it alright now?
Over here the T1i is the 500D, 50D, 5D and 1D are the same. The "Kiss" branding is Asia I think.
No the lens is not fine. I have to wait to call canon tomorrow and see about it. Im just annoyed I will only have one lens when I go on holidays in a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.