Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpecnazSVK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2017
hi, I am new here and I need help. I have successfully installed Jailbreak and Cydia on my iPhone 5s (iOS 10.2). It worked fine, but after update some cydia tweaks, my Jailbreak stopped working. Now I am back in normal mode and I am not able to run Yalu 102 or cydia app. I can not get to Jailbreak mode. When I try to open Cydia or Yalu app it allways crashes. Can You help me? Sorry for my bad English..

SoYoung

macrumors 65832
Jul 3, 2015
hi, I am new here and I need help. I have successfully installed Jailbreak and Cydia on my iPhone 5s (iOS 10.2). It worked fine, but after update some cydia tweaks, my Jailbreak stopped working. Now I am back in normal mode and I am not able to run Yalu 102 or cydia app. I can not get to Jailbreak mode. When I try to open Cydia or Yalu app it allways crashes. Can You help me? Sorry for my bad English..

You know that if your phone reboot 7 day after you first install yalu you have to delete the yalu app, and resign the api trough cydia impactor? Your problem sounds like the yalu app expired.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California

Delete the last few tweaks you installed ....

SpecnazSVK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2017
You know that if your phone reboot 7 day after you first install yalu you have to delete the yalu app, and resign the api trough cydia impactor? Your problem sounds like the yalu app expired.
Sorry, I didn't know that.. Thanks for your reply, it helps me. I removed old YALU app and then installed new one and it works fine again ;) . I'm sorry for wasting your time for my stupid rookie problems :)

SoYoung

macrumors 65832
Jul 3, 2015
Sorry, I didn't know that.. Thanks for your reply, it helps me. I removed old YALU app and then installed new one and it works fine again ;) . I'm sorry for wasting your time for my stupid rookie problems :)

No prblem realy :) I'm glad that it works for you! Everyone ask rookie question when they are new at something, thats why the forums exist :) I ask many noobie questions myself here as well so no worries!

Reactions: mikecwest

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
No prblem realy :) I'm glad that it works for you! Everyone ask rookie question when they are new at something, thats why the forums exist :) I ask many noobie questions myself here as well so no worries!

Is this still working? Is Yalu for 10.2 functional? Just bought an iPhone with 10.2 iOS and have not taken delivery. Hopefully I can jailbreak it and install a HOTSPOT tether software.

Was reading that because Apple no longer signs 10.2 that the YALU jailbreak 7 day reset will not sustain. So jailbreak on 10.2 might not work. Is this true?

Last edited:

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Is this still working? Is Yalu for 10.2 functional? Just bought an iPhone with 10.2 iOS and have not taken delivery. Hopefully I can jailbreak it and install a HOTSPOT tether software.

Was reading that because Apple no longer signs 10.2 that the YALU jailbreak 7 day reset will not sustain. So jailbreak on 10.2 might not work. Is this true?

If your phone is on 10.2, and you install Yalu102, you can use it. You will have to re-sign it after 7 days, although there might be an update to something (not sure if it will be something new, an update to impactor, or update to Yalu) that will get rid of the need to re-sign every 7 days. Also if you have a paid developer account, you can create a 1 year certificate.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
If your phone is on 10.2, and you install Yalu102, you can use it. You will have to re-sign it after 7 days, although there might be an update to something (not sure if it will be something new, an update to impactor, or update to Yalu) that will get rid of the need to re-sign every 7 days. Also if you have a paid developer account, you can create a 1 year certificate.

How much is a paid developer account for cost per year? Which seems like it costs $99 per year. Too expensive for me and this hobby.

And do you need to turn off two factor authentication on your apple account to install this ?

Last edited:

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
How much is a paid developer account for cost per year? Which seems like it costs $99 per year. Too expensive for me and this hobby.

And do you need to turn off two factor authentication on your apple account to install this ?

Yes, you need to turn off two-factor authentication. there are websites that will sell you a UDID registration for a few dollars, and you go could that route. I have not done it, so I can't recommend any particular one.

Reactions: ktjensen

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
You don't need to turn off 2-factor authentication. You just have to create an app specific password each time you load Yalu if you don't.

SoYoung

macrumors 65832
Jul 3, 2015
Yes, if you dont have a dev account, just create and use a dumb Apple ID if you want. Its not that much of a pain to resign it, especially if you have a computer at home, just took 2 min to do and you can stay jailbroken as long as you don't reboot. Just resign it if you plan to go outside for a longer period if you don't want to lose the JB if you have to reboot on the go and thats it!

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Yes, if you dont have a dev account, just create and use a dumb Apple ID if you want. Its not that much of a pain to resign it, especially if you have a computer at home, just took 2 min to do and you can stay jailbroken as long as you don't reboot. Just resign it if you plan to go outside for a longer period if you don't want to lose the JB if you have to reboot on the go and thats it!

So I need to create a new Apple ID each time I reboot? Does that mean all my apps associated with my old ID will not load up? All the paid apps? Sounds like a PITA. Know I can create a new ID for family members associated with my original account. Is that what is happening ?

The new ID part of the process is not well explained in the videos on the jailbreak. Nor is the removal of two factor authentication, if I wanted to go that direction. It's almost like I need to be a developer and familiar with this process, to know what to expect when I reboot and resign every seven days.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Yeah, that will work as well. I just used my extra apple IJ...

What is an apple IJ? Is that an extra UDID? All these extra steps are implied but not spelled out clear enough for the resign process. Do I link the new Apple ID resign weekly to my old master account, so I can download my paid apps, as a family member? Does that not raise red flags with Apple during the family member change weekly? Or do I have it wrong ?

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
What is an apple IJ? Is that an extra UDID? All these extra steps are implied but not spelled out clear enough for the resign process. Do I link the new Apple ID resign weekly to my old master account, so I can download my paid apps, as a family member? Does that not raise red flags with Apple during the family member change weekly? Or do I have it wrong ?

It was a typo. I have an "extra" Apple ID that I use for stuff like that.
[doublepost=1486840954][/doublepost]
So I need to create a new Apple ID each time I reboot? Does that mean all my apps associated with my old ID will not load up? All the paid apps? Sounds like a PITA. Know I can create a new ID for family members associated with my original account. Is that what is happening ?

The new ID part of the process is not well explained in the videos on the jailbreak. Nor is the removal of two factor authentication, if I wanted to go that direction. It's almost like I need to be a developer and familiar with this process, to know what to expect when I reboot and resign every seven days.

No, you just have to re-sign with Impactor each time reboot after the certificate expires. You don't have to make a new ID every week. If you have 2FA enabled, I'd create an extra ID just for stuff like this.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
It was a typo. I have an "extra" Apple ID that I use for stuff like that.
[doublepost=1486840954][/doublepost]

No, you just have to re-sign with Impactor each time reboot after the certificate expires. You don't have to make a new ID every week. If you have 2FA enabled, I'd create an extra ID just for stuff like this.

Think I see what you are saying. But of course that means all my purchased apps are not installed again, except first time. Suppose I just make the other APPLE ID a family member with no 2FA,and I can install.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Think I see what you are saying. But of course that means all my purchased apps are not installed again, except first time. Suppose I just make the other APPLE ID a family member with no 2FA,and I can install.

No, I think you don't understand what I am saying. I'll try to make it a little more clear.....

I have a "main" Apple ID, mycat@emailaddress.com, I use mycat@emailaddress.com to receive all of my regular emails, purchasing apps from the App Store, music from iTunes, etc... On this one, I have 2FA active.

I have. a second Apple ID, theOthercat@emailaddress.com, I use this one to sign Yalu, and Pangu, etc.. in Impactor, I also use it for anything else that I would like to be disassociated with regular Apple ID. This one does not have 2FA active.

You see, by using the second ID for this stuff, it leaves other functions unaffected. You still use your normal Apple ID for iTunes, iCloud, iCat, etc...

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
No, I think you don't understand what I am saying. I'll try to make it a little more clear.....

I have a "main" Apple ID, mycat@emailaddress.com, I use mycat@emailaddress.com to receive all of my regular emails, purchasing apps from the App Store, music from iTunes, etc... On this one, I have 2FA active.

I have. a second Apple ID, theOthercat@emailaddress.com, I use this one to sign Yalu, and Pangu, etc.. in Impactor, I also use it for anything else that I would like to be disassociated with regular Apple ID. This one does not have 2FA active.

You see, by using the second ID for this stuff, it leaves other functions unaffected. You still use your normal Apple ID for iTunes, iCloud, iCat, etc...

Did not know that can work like that. Will set up the second ID ASAP. Great idea on a second ID.

Last edited:

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Reading more into this that if I try to get a UDID registered as a developer I will get a download of the latest ipsw file which is the most resent iOS version to install. I literally can not activate UDID developer on the old iOS version. So no way to create a one year reprieve with UDID developer status at this point.

Supposedly the jailbreak is in process of fix to a permanent status with 10.2 that will come out next week.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
The 10.2 jailbreak is not working for some with Iphone5s so likely a false path to take. Plus the jailbreak only lasts a week, with the signing process failing for many. Seems like a bad plan to attempt this.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Im on my 3rd re-sign using my burner ID on a 5S..... I've had zero negative issues with this JB other than the annoyance of having to re-run impactor. I've installed the file, and the program on a work pc and a home pc, along with using an cert expiration app that counts the 7 days down for you. Setting an alarm / reminder through Siri is effective also ' Siri , remind me in 6 days ( or the date ) to re-jailbreak.... etc

Reactions: ktjensen

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Im on my 3rd re-sign using my burner ID on a 5S..... I've had zero negative issues with this JB other than the annoyance of having to re-run impactor. I've installed the file, and the program on a work pc and a home pc, along with using an cert expiration app that counts the 7 days down for you. Setting an alarm / reminder through Siri is effective also ' Siri , remind me in 6 days ( or the date ) to re-jailbreak.... etc

What version of iOS are you using with your iPhone 5S ? 10.2?

SoYoung

macrumors 65832
Jul 3, 2015
I dont know if its a bug, or its because I changed my sim card (so I had to reboot) but I was on my last day before I had to re sign the yalu app, and the certification was deleted itself and yalu crashed when I try to open it. I just re sign and all was good again, but I dont know what was caused this.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Still trying to find a iPhone 5s 64gb Verizon unlocked network with 10.2 on it. eBay rarity already in less than 30 days. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.