Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Levina

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hello all, I have a NEC monitor, the Spectraview PA231. It's an older screen, full HD, bought in 2011. I use it with my old Mac Pro 2009. It has served me very well all these years.

Yesterday, the screen suddenly started having a yellow glow in the top left corner. And after booting the Mac or waking up from sleep, it flickers, most prominently in said corner. Same today. Although it now also flickers sometimes at random. Like right now, as I'm typing this.

I have checked all cables and all is well.

So, is my monitor about to die? Or is there something I can try maybe? I know it's an old monitor but it's still a great one, one of NEC's pro models. I plan to update both the Mac and the monitor later this year but not yet as I'm waiting for the new Mac Mini's. So, anything I can do?

TIA

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
you checked the cable connections? Maybe it’s worth a try to switch between DVI, displayport, heck even the VGA connection of this monitor? Otherwise you can try to drive the monitor with a lower refresh rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.