Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Beautiful. Also, Aperture (if you use it) has a plugin, Aperture to Zenfolio. Very useful!

jwt

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2007
Very nice. What gear did you use to take "Oxbow Bend at Sunset - GTNP?" Unbelievable sharpness and light quality. I've been trying to get this look from mountain scenes, but there's always a grayish character to the mountains.

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Very nice. What gear did you use to take "Oxbow Bend at Sunset - GTNP?" Unbelievable sharpness and light quality. I've been trying to get this look from mountain scenes, but there's always a grayish character to the mountains.

Thanks.. I used a Canon XSI with 17-55mm IS. This particular pic was 3 exposures 0 +/- 1 EV combined in Photomatix. This is how it looked to my eyes when I was there....there were around 10 photogs with tripods there waiting on sunset. It truly is breathtaking being there. A must see!

jwt

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks.. I used a Canon XSI with 17-55mm IS. This particular pic was 3 exposures 0 +/- 1 EV combined in Photomatix. This is how it looked to my eyes when I was there....there were around 10 photogs with tripods there waiting on sunset. It truly is breathtaking being there. A must see!
So no filters? This new kit lens is amazing. Any chance of making a higher res (1200X1000 or so) version of that photo available?

tchaap

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
Mark,
Very nice photos. I take sports photos as well and am interested in the settings on some of the sports shots, they are very nice. Super clear and sharp.

Does this website provide your settings and gear used like flickr does?

SCRATCH THAT QUESTION...JUST FOUND THE ICON ON THE TOP RIGHT!!!!

Thanks

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Mark,
Very nice photos. I take sports photos as well and am interested in the settings on some of the sports shots, they are very nice. Super clear and sharp.

Does this website provide your settings and gear used like flickr does?

SCRATCH THAT QUESTION...JUST FOUND THE ICON ON THE TOP RIGHT!!!!

Thanks

lol.. I was about to tell you.... Thanks.

marioman38

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Great stuff, Mark. Just curious, did you shoot in RAW and export to JPEG, or shoot originally in JPEG? You have some interesting characteristics in your clouds (sharpness), which I would assume is from the in camera JPEG processing?

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Great stuff, Mark. Just curious, did you shoot in RAW and export to JPEG, or shoot originally in JPEG? You have some interesting characteristics in your clouds (sharpness), which I would assume is from the in camera JPEG processing?

I shot RAW and JPEG (at once) in the beginning of the trip but 95% are JPEG.

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
The Yellowstone/Grand Teton Gallery is now complete!
http://galloimages.zenfolio.com/

See what you think!

Click on the gallery, click on slideshow in the upper right corner.. sit back and enjoy!

I am now loading other galleries.. birds, flowers, architecture, etc.

MARK

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Did you go around mid-June? You can see all the snow still on the ground and the just born baby bison. Jackson and surrounding area got +600 inches of snow this year! Thats why the water in the rivers/lakes are so high right now.

Great shots.

Triplenickle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Did you go around mid-June? You can see all the snow still on the ground and the just born baby bison. Jackson and surrounding area got +600 inches of snow this year! Thats why the water in the rivers/lakes are so high right now.

Great shots.

Thanks TimJim. Yes, we were there June 10-14 this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.