Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you had to choose between these keyboard cases which would you choose?

• ZAGG Rugged Book Pro Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for Apple iPad Pro 9.7 with Kickstand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZAGG Slim Book Pro Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for Apple iPad Pro 9.7 with Kickstand

• Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 9.7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snotch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Texas
So, I have read a lot of threads of what cases most people are using and have been using (smart, keyboard, protective, etc.) This is going to be long..so buckle up

I just want to say I do agree that everyone has a different situation as of their usage for there Ipad Pro and what they are going to use it for and also where do they most use it (in bed, on couch, at a desk, on lap) I've scoured the web, watch countless youtube videos, and asked everyone around me there thoughts.

I have an Ipad Pro 9.7 for casual usage (take notes (yet I don't have the Pencil yet!), view web/email, sketch out art, email, games...and all of the above) I will have to say I will mostly use it on every surface you may have in mind.

I have been looking to purchase a keyboard case but I'm torn, between difference of opinions. I like that the Zagg Rugged Book Pro with stand can do a little bit of both as of typing on a keyboard or detaching it to be use just with the rear stand, but I'm worried about one of the reviews said the sound is projected towards the user vs. giving you the ambient surround sound, but another says its amazing that it is projected towards the user. I don't mind the additional weight I will be gaining but in my head I'm thinking this case is an all around protective case front and back if it were to take a fall. I like the backlit capability of the keyboard. Also I'm a clicky keyboard type so hince I've narrowed it down to these.

(I'm also torn on putting a screen protector on it, but that's another story. Glass vs matte; usage with the pencil, etc. etc.)

I have looked at the slim version w/ stand but I don't think it has that full protective all the way around but it does protect the corners which is the most important IMHO. I just don't want to be that person who goes to the retail store and go in and buy and "try it out" and then return it if it doesn't fit my needs.

Also does anyone have any opinions on the Incase Keyboard for Ipad Pro 9.7? Looks like it has the same things as the rugged except not as thick and the cost is about the same as the Zagg rugged & Zagg Slim Pro. Not that many reviews are out for it other than a youtube promo video.

So that's where I'm at.... oh and another thing I haven't read a lot about smart connection vs Bluetooth connection and how that will effect the battery life.

I would like to wait to see what else would be coming out for the iPP, but I would like to get it out of the box after having it for a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.