Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kensei4eva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2021
Just purchased the new 13 pro max, system software and all apps are up to date. Youtube app will not play any videos that I search for. I can play any videos on the home page or in my history fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, and hard reset the phone. Every time I reinstall the app, it works normally for a short time and then randomly starts to behave as described. Any thoughts?

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
Since iOS 15 I've noticed when I search for a video, I click to play it and it doesn't open straight away. Often I need to either close the app or search again and click it. I reckon it's a YouTube problem that'll get sorted in an update soon. Plenty of apps now have bugs after iOS 15. Facebook Messenger is another with problems with notifications.

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
I'm having the same problem with my 13 Pro. It has to be an iOS 15 issue. When I search for a video, it won't open on the first few tries, I have to spam tap it or scroll up and down to watch the video.

Kensei4eva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2021
I'm having the same problem with my 13 Pro. It has to be an iOS 15 issue. When I search for a video, it won't open on the first few tries, I have to spam tap it or scroll up and down to watch the video.
Ooooooooh I havn't tried the scrolling up and down yet! I will see if that works. Love having to find these little hacks to actually use our brand new devices lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.