Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
I have a MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) and running Mojave 10.14.6. Often when watching anything on YouTube everything is working fine until I go full screen. As soon as I go full screen the time bar at the bottom remains visible the whole time and the controls do not work (i.e. I cannot slide the video forward or back using the red slider).

Is there a setting I need to tweak or is this an issue with Mojave which will hopefully be addressed in a future update?

LuisN

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2013
Torres Vedras, Portugal
I have a MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) and running Mojave 10.14.6. Often when watching anything on YouTube everything is working fine until I go full screen. As soon as I go full screen the time bar at the bottom remains visible the whole time and the controls do not work (i.e. I cannot slide the video forward or back using the red slider).

Is there a setting I need to tweak or is this an issue with Mojave which will hopefully be addressed in a future update?
I think it's a bug in youtube. At least, for me, it happens also in linux and Windows. To prevent it in Mac, don't play videos in full screen with the browser also full screen.

Reactions: martyjmclean
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.