Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
I have tried "opting out of HTML5" but it just takes me to a page that shows what Safari browser is capable of playing. This is on macOS Sierra and the latest Safari version 10.0.3. I have also reset Safari (cleared history too) and nothing. I don't have any extensions installed.

I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player, and have enabled it for youtube.com, but it never loads videos reliably, unlike my windows machine that plays videos and displays the thumbnails/comments perfectly.

How do I get this working besides trying Chrome browser (trying to switch to Safari on MacOS)?

I have searched on Google for longer than I feel like I should, and the countless threads/posts date back to early 2012, so this problem seems to be ongoing.

Sometimes the videos will load, if I press the X button next to the address bar while a youtube video is loading, with no comments or thumbnails loaded, sometimes the video will play then, but what's the point if nothing else loads?

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 30, 2015
Since I changed the MTU setting in Wifi, it seems to be working fine 90% of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.