Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zenith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2001
Norway
temp.jpg

-18 degrees Celsius equals just a tad below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix an inspired amateur photographer with such cold weather and you might see results like these:

snow.jpg

snow2.jpg

track.jpg

The sun had the chance to warm things up for a while, and the result were these icicles hanging from every roof in the whole city. A huge threat for pedestrians walking 20 meters below.

icicles.jpg

ice.jpg

It's amazing that today has the coldest temperature of this winter season, and it's in early March.

I hope you enjoyed this little photographic story from Norway.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Looks nice there in Norway. Down here in Denmark it is just gloomy.

That said I am going to be up there skiing tomorrow so I will get to enjoy it.

Zenith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2001
Norway
I'm sure that will be a good experience. There's plenty of snow in all of Norway now, and the weather is just perfect. Although cold. Where exactly will you go skiing?

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I am going to Norefjell near Oslo. It is a package deal through the ferry company that was just to good to pass up.

One question, what makes the tracks in the third picture?

Zenith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2001
Norway
Those tracks are made by some "ski preparation machines". It's tracks you use to go cross country skiing!

Zenith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2001
Norway
You add -7 with -7, and add -4 = -18. Logical? The widget's forecasts for Norway isn't really accurate, but the measurements in real time is. So -18 is correct.

Right now it's actually -6, and that's a 12 degrees increase in only 8 hours. Tonight it'll probably fall below -15 again.

Zenith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2001
Norway
You finally got my little pun :)

F0 is logically impossible though. And most of my shots are done with a 3.5-5.6 Sigma 28-200mm, btw. Don't know if I can recommend the lens since it's very soft and lacks good contrast, but it's cheap and light...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.