Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.lavington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2009
somerset, england.
Evening all (u.k time zone!),
I'm new to this forum and not a great expert but am wondering if it is possible to run tiger on my 2007 imac as well as 10.6.1 which is the main operating system?
We have just got rid of our g4 'bubble' imac after it gave up the ghost and now i am left with a proper retail tiger install cd that we never managed to install on the old imac (it was running 10.3.9 and as a second computer i was going to upgrade it)
No other reason than curiosity! Bit of fun,Thats all.

Rob.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Also Macs in general will only run the version of OS X they shipped with or later.

That means, that if this is a 2007 Mac from before the release of Leopard, i.e., it came with Intel Tiger install discs, it can run the Intel version of Tiger (and assuming you can find those old system discs, you should be able to use them to dual boot Tiger and SL if you wish), but if it was a Mac that came with Leopard pre-installed, generally speaking, even if you had the Tiger / Intel discs you could not install Tiger on that Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.