Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dL.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
I’m quite surprised this isn’t discussed as much as the blooming and shadows that are inherent of the display technology.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I’m quite surprised this isn’t discussed as much as the blooming and shadows that are inherent of the display technology.

Quite possibly because it isn't as common.

The shadows are pretty much there on all Mini-LED iPad Pros. The only question is if it bothers someones.

This particular issue seems to be thermal related so it wouldn't be apparent unless your iPad runs too hot.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Quite possibly because it isn't as common.

The shadows are pretty much there on all Mini-LED iPad Pros. The only question is if it bothers someones.

This particular issue seems to be thermal related so it wouldn't be apparent unless your iPad runs too hot.
Yeah, but unlike those two other issues/non-issues, this one shouldnt be there in the first place because its a defect and not only short term one, most likely it will turn into damaged innards or permanent display issues in the long run. Sure, perhaps not for all, but certainly for those who use their iPad Pro's to the max. After all, its a pro device, right, Apple?

HeraFlight

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2021
6 months later and apple still hasn’t addressed this issue with the ipads. Likely they aren’t going to fix it. I was trying to find recent threads on this but for some reason I can’t.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Perhaps its not as big of an issue after all?
Then again, I dont play games and havent done any video editing work on mine, perhaps thats why I havent seen any of these issues in real life.

Reactions: HeraFlight

HeraFlight

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2021
Perhaps its not as big of an issue after all?
Then again, I dont play games and havent done any video editing work on mine, perhaps thats why I havent seen any of these issues in real life.
What about art? Do you do anything mildly taxing on yours?

It definitely happens on all of them, as I’ve seen 3 of them that do it and in different models/configs as well. It sometimes just happens on normal websites as well, this one for example. You probably just haven’t noticed it; sometimes it’s smaller than the pictures other people shared here and only viewable from the side. Things that help it lessen are turning on low power mode and using ad-block on websites.

Reactions: VaruLV

HeraFlight

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2021
No visual graphics either.
And I do have ad blocker, so theres that.
That might be why you haven’t seen it. What all do you use it for? Movies/browsing?

I am upset that I basically cannot game on it unless it’s streaming a game though something like steam link

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
That might be why you haven’t seen it. What all do you use it for? Movies/browsing?

I am upset that I basically cannot game on it unless it’s streaming a game though something like steam link
Im a light user at the moment, Netflix, Youtube, Safari sums it all up for now.

Mc0

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2017
hello, I'd like to know if this is still an issue? I'm planning to get one in the coming weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.