Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TooMuchPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Apple refused to honor the warranty on my 15PM silicone case after it dented on the bottom (shows a significantly reduced lip) from either taking it off the phone or swiping up from the bottom with the case on. Additionally it took almost a week of back and forth with Apple Support to get a determination.

Does anyone know if there is a way to appeal their decision?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Apple refused to honor the warranty on my 15PM silicone case after it dented on the bottom (shows a significantly reduced lip) from either taking it off the phone or swiping up from the bottom with the case on. Additionally it took almost a week of back and forth with Apple Support to get a determination.

Does anyone know if there is a way to appeal their decision?
Have you got pics?

I assume their decision is based on the damage you are reporting is obviously not from taking the case on and off.

As saying for it could be from swiping up... I prefer not to comment

Last edited:

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
There is no appeal. You could try another rep but you will likely have the same result. They don’t replace cases because they get damaged, otherwise they would constantly be giving out cases when people drop their phones.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
There is no appeal. You could try another rep but you will likely have the same result. They don’t replace cases because they get damaged, otherwise they would constantly be giving out cases when people drop their phones.
The silence speaks a thousand words here I think.

OP probably knows he/she is being completely unreasonable

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: TooMuchPhone

Sully

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
Try your luck in small claims court. Of course, the filing fee is probably more than the value of the case and your time.

• Haha
Reactions: GeneticBloom

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Not unreasonable - a $50 case should not dent from normal use.
“Dented” from swiping up and taking the case on and off. The first four words of that sentence sound ridiculous.

Show us some pictures so we can see why Apple has thrown your claim out.

TooMuchPhone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
Please post a picture of it - regardless of the price of a case, if its dropped it’ll be damaged. It’s soft silicone. No one will warranty that.
Not dropped - part of the bottom middle is pressed in, significantly reducing the lip - else perfect condition

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.