Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billpennock

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2012
I am surprised about the complaints about this. It's exactly the behavior I want. I frequently put my macbook 2019 to sleep and then in my backpack only to take it out and it has turned on from the slightest jiggle. Now it is hot and has much less battery. The sensor should be set to only wake when the lid gets to almost full open, not when it just moves a fraction away from the body.

Navvier

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2018
If you use parallels you have to switch to apple hypervisor in parallels vm settings

pommephone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
If you use parallels you have to switch to apple hypervisor in parallels vm settings
I use Parallels 14 with hypervisor set to 'parallels' but parallels is 'quit' except when I'm using it (rarely), and I still have the wake-up issues.

Paulusfw

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2020
Had this issue too with my 13" MacBook Pro 2020. I don't remember what I did exactly, but it went away after a week or so. I think restarted a couple times, and then just waited. It's quite annoying, but it will go away automatically.

Reactions: Shankar09

globalmatt

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2016
I ended up taking mine back to the repair shop. They replaced the top case again and now it wakes every time on lid open and on key/trackpad press. The guy reckoned it was probably an issue with the lid sensor.

rhyek

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2021
I solved the issue with my 2020 MBP 13" with this support doc.

Good luck.
This issue had been annoying me for almost a year now thinking it was normal behaviour on my MacBook Pro 13" 2018, but after spending a few hours researching and finding this thread, Todd's solution is the only thing that worked for me. I just did the simple procedure detailed as the first item in that guide and it worked immediately after initial tests.

I will mention I had the top case replaced mid-2019 and I suspect the problem started after that.

Shankar09

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2023
Even I am having the same issue with my MacBook Air M1 suddenly one day this issue popped up I don't know what to do tried everything possible

Shankar09

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2023
This issue had been annoying me for almost a year now thinking it was normal behaviour on my MacBook Pro 13" 2018, but after spending a few hours researching and finding this thread, Todd's solution is the only thing that worked for me. I just did the simple procedure detailed as the first item in that guide and it worked immediately after initial tests.

I will mention I had the top case replaced mid-2019 and I suspect the problem started after that.
I tried nothing happened please help me

Shankar09

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2023
Had this issue too with my 13" MacBook Pro 2020. I don't remember what I did exactly, but it went away after a week or so. I think restarted a couple times, and then just waited. It's quite annoying, but it will go away automatically.
If this happens I would be very very happy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.