Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
When I was first setting my my iPhone 15, one of the questions was how did I want my display zoomed, and there was three options. I chose the most normal / smallest setting, but I'd like to see what the others look like. I can't find this in settings now.

I know there is a Default or Larger Text setting under general. But this is only 2 levels. Any know know where to find those 3 levels referred to on the initial iPhone setup screens?

Reactions: Act3 and mvdw84

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
I’ve been looking for the same as well. Almost to the point of setting up my phone again just to see how they look.

Reactions: skiltrip

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
I’ve been looking for the same as well. Almost to the point of setting up my phone again just to see how they look.
Same, it's driving me nuts. I want a slightly zoomed thing because of my eyesight, but the Larger Text mode messes up a lot of app formatting, like YouTube videos having the dynamic island in the middle of them when viewing with the phone vertically.

Wolverine-447

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2024
I just bought an iPhone 15 yesterday and encountered this exactly.

For anyone interested I reset the phone three times, each time choosing a different zoom level when the three choices were offered. It seems to make no difference. Once the phone is set up you only have two options and they are the same regardless of which you initially choose when given three options during set up.

Hopefully this helps anyone wondering.

Wolverine-447

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2024
PS, coming from an iPhone XR it was actually difficult for me to match the icon size and zoom size I was used to and liked very much.

I finally went with default zoom size and with the text slightly larger than the centre position. This is a close as I could get it to what I had on the XR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.