Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purplewarlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Hi, my wife and I have the AT&T iPhone (3G) Family Plan. I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost for us to each buy 1 iPad (lowest end model in terms of GB), including 3G support, and if AT&T gives us special savings for having 4 devices (2 iPhones + 2 iPads) for this combo or no real discounts.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Hi, my wife and I have the AT&T iPhone (3G) Family Plan. I'm trying to figure out how much it would cost for us to each buy 1 iPad (lowest end model in terms of GB), including 3G support, and if AT&T gives us special savings for having 4 devices (2 iPhones + 2 iPads) for this combo or no real discounts.

Don't think there is any information like that available yet. All we know is it's $30/mo. (month to month) for unlimited data through a mini-SIM card (i.e. can't use your iPhones SIM).

purplewarlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
thx for the info!

One final question, if you exceed your bandwidth, can they kill you in fees or does it just give you an error message? We have the unlimited 3G plan for iPhones now so not sure what would happen. As long as they cut you off if you exceed it, we might get me the unlimited 3G (since I would be using it more frequently) and my wife the restricted usage at first.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
thx for the info!

One final question, if you exceed your bandwidth, can they kill you in fees or does it just give you an error message? We have the unlimited 3G plan for iPhones now so not sure what would happen. As long as they cut you off if you exceed it, we might get me the unlimited 3G (since I would be using it more frequently) and my wife the restricted usage at first.

Unlimited is really like 5GB. I doubt you'd reach it but say that you do, they'd be hard pressed to hit you with additional fees.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.