Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Your opinion?

• Be happy with the Xs

Votes: 41 58.6%
  • Cancel Xs, Order Xs Max

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Do something else

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Many in this spot honkmaster. I know I am.
Been Plus since the 6+.
Love the screen of my 8+
Love editing photos and watching videos on 8+.

Really dislike having the 8 Plus on me when going out to dinner, event for kids, baseball/football games, etc. There is no good ‘place’ for the big ol’ Plus to go.

I was in this same place last year when my wife got the X and I went with the 8+ from the 6S+. I love the 8+ and I do think that it is one of the best phones ever made.

The thing is, every single time I hold/use the X (my wife has one and I have done so much testing in-store) it feels like the perfect size phone.

I think our decision comes down to what we want and don’t want. Do I want to be able to edit and watch videos like I do on my 8+ or could I move that to my IPP? Would we be happier carrying a smaller phone around with us day to day?

I am 75% on going to XS. There is the 14 day return period. I also think it would be healthy, for me, to move some things away from my phone. A video here and there on the X will be more than fine. When I want to actually edit photos or watch a game/movie I can grab the iPad. I am leaning towards enjoying the day to day of having my phone on me but it not being so big I have to give time to where I am going to put it.. let’s be honest.. most (I know I) don’t just toss a $1K+ anywhere..

Good luck.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I am using a 6+ since 2014 and was waiting for an upgrade für quite a while.
Last Friday I ordered the Xs and AW4. My reasons for the Xs:
  • My fingers (pinky) sometimes hurt using the Plus, even I got used to it
  • The Plus often does not fit my pants, thus I am carrying it in my jacket.. annoying in summer
  • The Max is even heavier than the Plus (178g to 208g)
Despite these reason above the decision was quite spontaneously. Now, as everybody is hyping the Max and disliking the little brother, I am asking myself: Did I do the right thing?

I think that you did just fine. The Xs is a great phone and I’m sure you’ll be pleased with it.

Reactions: PBz

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think iPhone XS is definitely a good upgrade for those coming from an iPhone 7 or under, and the XR will be for those in a similar situation, but really aren’t interested in the price point of the XS.

NeverInDoubt

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2017
Quite funny how many people are in a similar situation...

The MAX will undoubtedly be popular for those for whom size is an issue (want the biggest screen) but don’t need the greater portability of the smaller XS. Nothing wrong with that.

And I was in a similar predicament to you....but, for me, the smaller form factor suited my lifestyle far better. And given that it has the same technical spec,screen size excepted, the XS was the better choice for me. I’ve no regrets....enjoy what is a superb iPhone.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I was a pre-order on a X last year, switched from a 6S+, have access to a number of devices, it's by far my favorite phone and I'm __still__ super happy a year later.

I never feel like a larger display offsets the terrific carry size - I still occasionally deal with plus models, I could've pre-ordered an XSMax, not price shy for the most part when it comes to technology (developer, so it's part of my job) - I'm sticking with my X for now. :)

fatalogic

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2016
I didn’t get the x last year because I was sure the X Max would be the one I wanted and now that it is here I’m leaning toward Xs mostly because of the weight. It feels dumb worrying about 30ish grams but since I’d have to stretch a bit more to reach the top I’m afraid that little bit of extra weight will irritate my pinky after awhile. That already happens now if I try to reach the top far corner of my 7+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.