Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone 7 or 7 Plus

• Total voters

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Though fond of the ease of use and mostly ease carrying around in pocket of my previous 4.7" iPhone, I came to appreciate the added screen space, better resolution and much better battery life of the 5.5" iPhone. My hands aren't large but I can handle the plus one handed if I really have to, heck there were times when I have had to use the non-plus with two hands anyways.

Congrats on your purchase, hopefully you can get used to the size like I did (in like an instant)

Reactions: Docle888

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Got your phone case and screen protector already? When I was still waiting for my phone to arrive, I've been checking cases at BestBuy and Walmart. Other than that, the box contain all the essentials.
Congrats on your new phone. Enjoy enjoy!
I usually like my phone naked, but this time I might a silicone from apple. Any opinion on how they are? I've heard pretty good things about them.
[doublepost=1483598461][/doublepost]
Though fond of the ease of use and mostly ease carrying around in pocket of my previous 4.7" iPhone, I came to appreciate the added screen space, better resolution and much better battery life of the 5.5" iPhone. My hands aren't large but I can handle the plus one handed if I really have to, heck there were times when I have had to use the non-plus with two hands anyways.

Congrats on your purchase, hopefully you can get used to the size like I did (in like an instant)
Thanks man, I hope I like it too. :)
[doublepost=1483598617][/doublepost]Keep the positive comments coming about how good the 7 Plus is! I need all the assurance I can get after spending that kind of money... haha.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
I usually like my phone naked, but this time I might a silicone from apple. Any opinion on how they are? I've heard pretty good things about them.

The Apple Silicone case is good, good enough to handle accidental drops and adds minimal bulk and is what I prefer for a large phone. I've tried bulkier cases that offers better drop protection but it really makes the device (both Plus and non-Plus) awful to handle. You know yourself best on how you handle your devices, get well protected if you are usually careless or go minimal if you always handle your devices with care.

Which color did you purchase?

Mike5254

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2016
Cincinnati and Philippines
[doublepost=1483598461][/doublepost]
Thanks man, I hope I like it too. :)
[doublepost=1483598617][/doublepost]Keep the positive comments coming about how good the 7 Plus is! I need all the assurance I can get after spending that kind of money... haha.
As for assurance and positive comments with the 7+, there's so much for me to say.
Since coming from 5/5s, the added screen space helps me more in regards to easy reading and replying with my emails and office works.
The graphics is way clearer that I can easily evaluate before presentations.
For movies, definitely awesome. For music, way better because of its 2 speaker output.
A lot are complaining for the loss of the 3.5 jack which I don't care so much. I have no problem with Bluetooth connection. If you prefer wired earphones/headphones, don't forget to bring the 3.5 adapter with you always (buy an extra to leave in your car or office).
Having small hands is a problem for me at first especially when typing or texting. Then someone from macrumors adviced installing Word Flow. Thanks to him, typing is not that problematic anymore.
Photo and video taking is almost (almost) like dlsr when there is enough light in the room. On daylight, the best!
For the case, my first choice is LifeProof Nuud or Fre. That's because of my sports and activities. But before my flight to Asia, BestBuy and Walmart doesn't carry that product yet. I settled with Speck Clear case and Zagg Glass as screen protector which is also great in keeping my phone like new.
To add, its not that bulky on my front pocket even when I'm wearing Levi's 513 (slim fit).

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
The Apple Silicone case is good, good enough to handle accidental drops and adds minimal bulk and is what I prefer for a large phone. I've tried bulkier cases that offers better drop protection but it really makes the device (both Plus and non-Plus) awful to handle. You know yourself best on how you handle your devices, get well protected if you are usually careless or go minimal if you always handle your devices with care.

Which color did you purchase?
I got the gold, don't judge me for not getting one of the blacks!
[doublepost=1483601493][/doublepost]
As for assurance and positive comments with the 7+, there's so much for me to say.
Since coming from 5/5s, the added screen space helps me more in regards to easy reading and replying with my emails and office works.
The graphics is way clearer that I can easily evaluate before presentations.
For movies, definitely awesome. For music, way better because of its 2 speaker output.
A lot are complaining for the loss of the 3.5 jack which I don't care so much. I have no problem with Bluetooth connection. If you prefer wired earphones/headphones, don't forget to bring the 3.5 adapter with you always (buy an extra to leave in your car or office).
Having small hands is a problem for me at first especially when typing or texting. Then someone from macrumors adviced installing Word Flow. Thanks to him, typing is not that problematic anymore.
Photo and video taking is almost (almost) like dlsr when there is enough light in the room. On daylight, the best!
For the case, my first choice is LifeProof Nuud or Fre. That's because of my sports and activities. But before my flight to Asia, BestBuy and Walmart doesn't carry that product yet. I settled with Speck Clear case and Zagg Glass as screen protector which is also great in keeping my phone like new.
To add, its not that bulky on my front pocket even when I'm wearing Levi's 513 (slim fit).
Thanks for the advice! :)

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
It took me a couple weeks to get used to having a bigger phone when I bought my 6S Plus last year but once I got used to it it was heaven. I actually ended up recently selling my iPad Air 2 because between my big iPhone and my MacBook Pro I have everything I need. I have really small hands as well.

Mike5254

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2016
Cincinnati and Philippines
It took me a couple weeks to get used to having a bigger phone when I bought my 6S Plus last year but once I got used to it it was heaven. I actually ended up recently selling my iPad Air 2 because between my big iPhone and my MacBook Pro I have everything I need. I have really small hands as well.
My bros and sis use Samsung Note or S series. All I know that time is that my 5/5s is like an elf as compared to their giant phones. I got used to with my iPhone playing a game and watching movies and YouTube.
My iPad 2 stays on my night table mostly untouched but upgraded.

Reactions: Docle888

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
On paper the 7 Plus looks all around better. Battery life, camera, screen. The only problem is I have below average sized hands. I've looked at it in store and it's just huge.

Now the only advantage for the 7 is that it's smaller, but that's a big deal for me. Fits better in my pocket, can use it one handed, etc.

Will I get used to the size of the 7 Plus even with small hands? Or should I just go safe and get the normal 7?

Once you handle the iPhone 7 Plus long enough, you won't be able to eat differentiate the size anymore from the 4.7 inch. It really comes down to adjustment and handling the phone overtime. The biggest adjustment aside from handling the iPhone 7 Plus, is actually caring it. Rather you carry it in your pocket or what have you, that seems to be more of an adjustment and actually holding the iPhone.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Once you handle the iPhone 7 Plus long enough, you won't be able to eat differentiate the size anymore from the 4.7 inch. It really comes down to adjustment and handling the phone overtime. The biggest adjustment aside from handling the iPhone 7 Plus, is actually caring it. Rather you carry it in your pocket or what have you, that seems to be more of an adjustment and actually holding the iPhone.
I usually wear cargo pants, so that shouldn't be a big deal :)

Reactions: Septembersrain

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
It's here!!! Not sure how I feel about the size... My 6s feels so much better. Hope I get used to it!
[doublepost=1483737836][/doublepost]I don't know if I like the size, but I LOVE the resolution!

Attachments

• IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 201

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
It's here!!! Not sure how I feel about the size... My 6s feels so much better. Hope I get used to it!
[doublepost=1483737836][/doublepost]I don't know if I like the size, but I LOVE the resolution!

Took me a few days to adjust from the 6s. It's normal to feel that way. It's the same whimsical feeling you have when buying a new car. The old one was comfortable, familiar. Eventually you'll feel the same about the new one as long as you're optimistic about it!

Reactions: Jetcat3

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Took me a few days to adjust from the 6s. It's normal to feel that way. It's the same whimsical feeling you have when buying a new car. The old one was comfortable, familiar. Eventually you'll feel the same about the new one as long as you're optimistic about it!
Ok, thanks :)

Reactions: Septembersrain
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.