Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orystal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2023
Hello everyone
I created a new Apple account but my iPhone is blocked for 90 days on my old account.
What are the 90-day lock restrictions when changing accounts on iPhone?
I know that I will no longer be able to use iTunes match but will it still be possible to buy applications and use Apple Pay?

Thank you for your answers

tensixturtle

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2021
Kepler 22b
As far as I know, the login restrictions are to prevent piracy for content on Apple Music, App Store, Books, etc. The idea is to prevent people from temporarily logging into someone else's account that has purchased content on it, downloading it, and switching back to their own account. I don't think (?) it would affect Apple Pay but you would have to use the old account for purchasing apps.
I don't think there's a way to bypass the 90-day wait, but I have seen it suggested elsewhere to try contacting Apple to see if they're willing to fix it. (https://getsupport.apple.com/)

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Apple will always do what's best for customers. If you contact them and explain your unique situation, they may be able to offer a tailored solution to your dilemma.

• Haha
Reactions: Nermal

Orystal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2023
I contacted Apple service and they can't do anything...
It doesn't matter, I'll sync my music with iTunes like before

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
Apple will always do what's best for customers. If you contact them and explain your unique situation, they may be able to offer a tailored solution to your dilemma.

In some cases, Apple's 'customers' are the whims of the entertainment industry that have no problem inconveniencing users just to preserve their archaic business model of content distribution ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.