Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmilioCube

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2023
Karlsruhe, Germany
I have been tinkering a bit with the prone to failure Stand for the Acryl displays (15/17/20/22/23 inch) making the stand way more stable and now I've designed a stand extension which makes the display stand much more upright, up to 90 degrees.
Now you can do away with your books/HDD (cases) or whatever you used before to make the display stand much better!
This is my very first Fusion project, so feel free to edit it and post the edited file in the comments!
The attached file is for the 23-inch model. I don't know if the stands for other models are thinner or have any other differences, so maybe someone else knows.

Edit: I redesigned the clip of the stand extension so that it holds better to the stand, because it falls of the stand easily when moving it back and forth.

Edit 2: I just couldnt design the extension so that it would hold to the stand firmly enough without it breaking when attaching it to the stand, so I redesigned it again so that it has a pin holding it in place. v6 is the old version, v11 the new version with the pin holding it in place. This time the cable of the screen fits better as well.

Attachments

• GOPR0853.JPG
    GOPR0853.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 27
  • GOPR0855.JPG
    GOPR0855.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 19
  • GOPR0854.JPG
    GOPR0854.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 19
  • v6 Cinema HD Display 23-inch Ständer.zip
    378.2 KB · Views: 1
  • v11 Cinema HD Display 23-inch Ständer.zip
    461.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.