Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Voyageur

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2019
Moscow, Russia
To be honest, if the updated iMac had been out when I was considering the Mac Pro I would have given it a try first. 10-core i9, 16GB 5700XT and built-in 5K display for less than half my Mac Pro would have been seriously tempting!
I understood. At the moment, I also think about the new iMac, however, I am disposed to Mac Pro because of modularity and the possibility of an upgrade. I include this ability at its high cost, because I'm going to buy a computer for many, many years. In addition, I want to work with HDR video and the built-in iMac display will not allow me to do this in full force ...

Call of Duty experiencing all sorts of graphics corruption with the W5700X.
Have you checked other games for such problems?

Reactions: OkiRun

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Don't forget temperature management as a reason too choose a NcMP ? I sold my last cMP after getting seven years off use and many many upgrades. Some of those upgrade (PCI cards and SSDs are now in my NcMP).

Lou

Voyageur

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2019
Moscow, Russia
^^^^Don't forget temperature management as a reason too choose a NcMP ? I sold my last cMP after getting seven years off use and many many upgrades. Some of those upgrade (PCI cards and SSDs are now in my NcMP).

Lou
Yes thank you! I also consider this as an argument

But I am confused by the periodic complaints about the W5700X performance according to some reviews. Sounds like an optimization problem? For example:

Reactions: OkiRun

OkiRun

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2019
Japan
Yes thank you! I also consider this as an argument

But I am confused by the periodic complaints about the W5700X performance according to some reviews. Sounds like an optimization problem? For example:

Pro Vega II Duo + Afterburner + ProRes Raw = Stability and Optimization
$$$ = Peace of Mind

My 2 cents

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.