Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Remember, you pay more for software and we pay more for medicine. People need medicine to live but who really needs software? :p

Ok fair enough. I have only paid around $500 for doctors and medication in my entire life. :p

Most of this has been over the past 3 years, when I have lived in Australia.

And about Adobe messing with everyone, I'm almost inclined to buy Aperture over Lightroom simply due to spite. I only have 1300 images in Lightroom (I delete 80-90% of the photos I take), so starting over won't be as bad as it is for some people.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Ok fair enough. I have only paid around $500 for doctors and medication in my entire life. :p

Most of this has been over the past 3 years, when I have lived in Australia.

And about Adobe messing with everyone, I'm almost inclined to buy Aperture over Lightroom simply due to spite. I only have 1300 images in Lightroom (I delete 80-90% of the photos I take), so starting over won't be as bad as it is for some people.

I think Apple has the motions right for Aperture. It's just the system requirements that came from that I can't handle on any machine I have.

Lightroom isn't bad but it also doesn't seem particularly good. Then again, I don't remember the last time I'd considered Adobe to have created something excellent. Then again, I'm a cynic.

kodiak

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2005
stepping up from iphoto to lighroom

ive been using the LR beta for a bit, and i really do like it, so im very tempted, however...

ive currently got all my photos in iphoto (in raw) with keywords/ranking
- anyone know of a good way to import them into lightroom?

my thoughts both failed due to:
a) lightroom not supporting applescript
b) i looked at picturesync, with an aim to createXMP sidecar for tags etc, but this seemed to convert all my pictures into jpeg ( i want them in raw format within LR)

am i missing something? anyone know another way?

cheers

(i assume aperture would import correctly, but wont run on my G4 imac:))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.