Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I believe what he (or she)

I'm a he.

Even after you stated you were going to call him a dick he returns with more information. Kudos to compuwar!

It's always slightly amusing that those who profess to be most hurt by tone, inuendo or slight are the first to make it personal rather than situational. However, I've been on the 'Net a long time and I'm not thin skinned- I have a feeling that most of those name-calling are pretty young and I did a lot of name calling when I was a kid too. :eek:

[/quote]

I'd drink with you but I'm not waiting on you. :) FWIW

I'm always up for drinking- DC area and N.E. PA regularly, left coast if I'm out doing a speaking gig (San Diego later in the summer, somewhere else in Southern Cal perhaps and probably Portland, OR right after one or both, slight chance of .ab.ca this year if I get a speaking gig there and can get my passport renewal sorted out. I also think there's going to be a Niagra Falls photo shoot in the fall. I'm pretty sure I can find a bartender who won't spit in my drink to bring 'em over... :D

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
You guys and gals do know what a rodeo is?

You did follow the first link I posted to strobing a rodeo, right?

Here's a link to a guy who puts two flashes into an umbrella to shoot rodeos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toddbrewerphotography/481524511/

Lighting for shooting sports is lighting for shooting sports- if you're professional about things getting equipment set up somewhere advantageous is often pretty easy. Heck, the TV guys get away with hot lights.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm always up for drinking- DC area and N.E. PA regularly, left coast if I'm out doing a speaking gig (San Diego later in the summer, somewhere else in Southern Cal perhaps and probably Portland, OR right after one or both, slight chance of .ab.ca this year if I get a speaking gig there and can get my passport renewal sorted out. I also think there's going to be a Niagra Falls photo shoot in the fall. I'm pretty sure I can find a bartender who won't spit in my drink to bring 'em over... :D

You'll be speaking about Windows Security right while using your Mac to demo?

I'm coming to see you. SD is closer than any other place you listed and I know a great bar...well I know many, but I have one in mind.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
You'll be speaking about Windows Security right while using your Mac to demo?

I'm coming to see you. SD is closer than any other place you listed and I know a great bar...well I know many, but I have one in mind.

Actually, for the San Diego thing, that's exactly what I'll be doing. Mostly PowerPoint, but there's always a chance I'll boot Parallels if someone's got a good question I can't answer easily or if the event's longer than my presentation. Hopefully my MacBook won't rebel when I go on my "Apple is screwing up security big time" rant the next time they release another QT bugfix. ;)

:DRS:Church

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Hey jessica. if you had read my posts you would see that I told him thanks,,twice. I was not the first to say he was rude, I just agreed with another person that posted a comment. And yes Compuwar if you sound this arrogant in person as you do online,,,,then you have eaten spit at some point in your life. I waited tables for almost 13 years and you would be shocked at how much spit goes into food, even more so in the 5 star joints. But once again thanks for the input. I have a date with my insurance gal on Tuesday to go over my coverage. Once again thanks for all the input guys and gals.

Church

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.