Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Purtellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2023
After getting my car serviced I see that my air pod is missing the battery cover and the battery I recommend putting air pods in carriers with the battery cover facing down. Have not been able to find replacement battery cover

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
After getting my car serviced I see that my air pod is missing the battery cover and the battery I recommend putting air pods in carriers with the battery cover facing down. Have not been able to find replacement battery cover
Not sure if you'll find any replacement parts for these.. Have you looked under the seats and between the seat and console? Maybe it came apart in the car..

Purtellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2023
Not sure if you'll find any replacement parts for these.. Have you looked under the seats and between the seat and console? Maybe it came apart in the car..
According to mac Find its app. It was last seen at the dealership. I'm guessing it came apart there. Not turned into lost and found. No surprise.

Purtellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2023
According to mac Find its app. It was last seen at the dealership. I'm guessing it came apart there. Not turned into lost and found. No surprise.
I am encouraging everyone to put the battery cover side down in the carriers. This should prevent the cover from falling off

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
OP, we have no clue what are you talking about. Maybe the technician disabled your AirTag from the sound of it.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Had you ever replaced the battery in the AirTag or was it still factory sealed? If it was never opened you might go to an Apple store and see if they would replace it with a new unit.. Not sure what their response would be but it can't hurt to ask.. I opened mine and it was surprisingly hard to get the back cover off so if yours fell off without you ever opening it previously it might not of been sealed properly when assembled..

Purtellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2023
Had you ever replaced the battery in the AirTag or was it still factory sealed? If it was never opened you might go to an Apple store and see if they would replace it with a new unit.. Not sure what their response would be but it can't hurt to ask.. I opened mine and it was surprisingly hard to get the back cover off so if yours fell off without you ever opening it previously it might not of been sealed properly when assembled..
Never knew how to open it until I saw that it was missing a piece. I will call the apple store. Thanks

Purtellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2023
I would ask apple for the replacement cover
Apple won't sell just the cover
Just working with apple support. Don't have just battery cover to sell. In the meantime, I was looking at the tag. I'm going to put a fresh battery in it. Then see if it works. If it does. I'll cover it with gorilla tape then put into my wallet

Purtellr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2023
I put in a new battery. Covered with gorilla tape. After resetting it. All's well. It's in my wallet

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.