Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotio200

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2015
I am thinking the same. I am also thinking of buying them from a retailer with 2 years warranty so this doesn’t happen again so soon.

You'll have to get one that covers the battery, as they are consumable almost no warranty will cover battery life. Not sure if insurance might be better?

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
This particular retailer replaced a kindle I had bought due to battery problems. So I’ll happily take my chances.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Noticing larger gaps between battery levels of the L & R Airpods now. Plus they're draining quicker.

The case is also losing charge faster.

It was to be expected after nearly 2 years of owning these little beauties.

Won't be looking to get them replaced... I'll be buying the new ones if anything.

riverfreak

macrumors 68000
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon
14 months out. Daily use between 2 and 8 hours.

Both AirPods now drain more quickly than at purchase — I get about 1.5 hours. The case also drops pretty quickly.

But I love these things so much I just ordered a spare pair

Reactions: B.A.T

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Does anyone know why my volume isn't loud when listening to music using Apple Music?

I have the iPhone XS Max. I don't think its the phone because I had the same problem with my iPhone X.

Is It loud for you guys?

NikkoTuason

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2018
Fortunately I haven’t lost the first pair I bought release day, it currently has 96% battery health. Buds last me about 3-4h.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Fortunately I haven’t lost the first pair I bought release day, it currently has 96% battery health. Buds last me about 3-4h.
How are you checking the battery health?

Mine has certainly decreased from when I bought them in December 2016, but I still get just over 2 hours at normal listening. Seeing very varied battery drain though, currently I'm listening and R is on 40%, L is on 14%. Have only ever used both at once, left AirPod hasn't seen more use than the right.

Reactions: Peter K.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.