Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I can finally make a summation of the sound of the Airpod Pro's. They sound comfortable. I like how the Airpod work in your listening environment. But Comparing the sound with my ER4SR Ety's, and the Shure SE-425's there is not any real comparison, both of my wired earphone totally out class the EarPods, especially the SE-425's. There is a reason beyond the earphones themselves. it is the BTR7 BT DAC/Amp. You can read about it here FiiO. What I did with my SE-425's is I replaced the factory cable with a pure silver conductor cable from FiiO. This cable is setup for balanced feed and I have the 4.4mm balanced plug installed.

Reactions: scrane

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have replaced the Apple supplied Silicon sleeves which were not working for me with Comply expanding foam sleeves. This made a fantastic difference in the sound. They also fixed the problem I was having with the right hand earphone falling out. I have to say I now prefer the sound of the AirPod Pro 2's over the Shure SE-425, and 535's as they are being used. The AirPod computational audio is making the difference. The Shure's, especially the 535's with the BTR7 are rather sharp in their sound. I am working on their equalization setup. I am learning first hand why cable free IEM are taking over. The way they integrate with the Apple Watch, the iPhone, and the Mac Studio is a real treat.
Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 10.19.09.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.