Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwisterMc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Minneapolis Area
I just upgraded to AirPods 3 a week ago, and I can't believe how much my ears hurt after wearing them for an hour. My AirPods 2 never hurt my ears. I'm usually in meetings most of the day so comfort is critical. I don't know if I just need to give it time or just what's going on.

Anyone overcome this issue? Or, anyone know if the AirPods Pro 2 are more comfortable?

DarkPremiumCho

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2023
I would say AirPods Pro 2 will not be more comfortable for you. My AirPods Pro 1 hurt my ear canals that I had to return it. It just not fit. The original AirPods does not push that deep in my ear canals, so I could wear it all day long.

I did overcome the issue of those bigger earphones. By using noice reduction earplugs (foam material) every night for a few months, I got my ear canals accustomed to these feelings. Now I can use my AirPods Pro 2 without a problem.

(Your costs and results may vary.)

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
You get used to them. I did anyway.

You might want to look for AirPods 2. They are much smaller than AirPods 3. My mother in law prefers them and wears them all day long.

It took some getting used to for me, but I can wear my AirPods 3 for half the day now no problem. It helps if I take them out and wipe them down (and the entrances of my ears with q-tips) every now and then. But I like the better sound and battery life of the 3s.

The AirPods Pro 2 stick in your ears and will be far more of an irritant than the 3s imo.

L92

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2022
It’s a completely personal thing. Every ear is different. For me the Airpods 3 is the best fitting earbuds ever. Put it in, forget about it. Don’t have to touch it ever, even during a full workout. Unfortunately I needed to switch to the APP2 for the noise canceling, which fits fine with the XS tip, but I have to adjust it often.
I also tried the Beats Fit Pro, which just killed my ear. My ear couldn’t adjust at all, I had to return them. If you have a chance try the APP, might work better than the AP3.

Reactions: max2 and scrane

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I ordered both airpods 3 and pro 2 to replace my airpods 2, but the fit of the new ones was so much worse than the airpods2. Thinking of returning them and just getting a new set of airpods 2 again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.