Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
So I got these new AirPods 2 Pro that I just used with GarageBand, and I noticed there's a big lag when I tweak settings in real-time in GarageBand and hearing the results.

I just realised these headphones might be useless for me because I might not even be able to completely get rid of this lag, but the thing is I want to use the AirPods with GarageBand. So I want there to be relatively instant feedback.

I never thought about that before buying them. I tried doing other things than GarageBand and there's still a lag but it's smaller. Actually when you open GarageBand with the AirPods, it wants you there might be a lag with Bluetooth equipment.

Right now I'm reloading them, will reset them and follow other tips I found to reduce lag. I hope it's possible to avoid it. What do you think?

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Hi people, no thoughts on this?

I'm really wondering if it's possible at all to have Bluetooth headphones with no lag. I just reused my air pod pros with GarageBand on iPad and Mac and it lags when I play keys or tweak settings. You can't make music this way. But I appreciate the simplicity of having no cable.

What do you think, mission impossible?

VigneshB

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2022
India
No matter what bluetooth headphones you use, you'll have a noticeable lag while using GarageBand due to the inherent limitations of bluetooth. It does with my Airpods Max, pros, Sony's WH-1000XM4, Sennheiser's Momentum 4 Wireless.

The only solution is to use wired headphones for music production which will also have the added benefit of generally sounding better at the same price of their equivalent bluetooth counterparts.

Reactions: Silly John Fatty

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
No matter what bluetooth headphones you use, you'll have a noticeable lag while using GarageBand due to the inherent limitations of bluetooth. It does with my Airpods Max, pros, Sony's WH-1000XM4, Sennheiser's Momentum 4 Wireless.

The only solution is to use wired headphones for music production which will also have the added benefit of generally sounding better at the same price of their equivalent bluetooth counterparts.

That’s so sad to hear. I liked the cableless feature. I think I’ll return these AirPods. Maybe in the future will be better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.