Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Owning both, they’re both equally good with engine & cabin noise cancellation. When used with in-flight entertainment, Bose include a 3.5mm to 2.5mm cable, whereas Apple’s 3.5mm to Lightning cable is a separate purchase (I brought the 3.5/Lightning cable),

Usually take both headsets on any given flight as my wife tends to want to borrow the Bose so she can watch in-flight films, whereas I either watch downloaded films/TV on my iPad or (more likely) podcasts & music from my phone.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
every Bose™ product I purchased this century has broken except for a soundschmuck® 20 speaker I donated
since the 2 HomePods mini BLUE out performed that speaker.

all seven.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

sixth

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2006
I have both the new Ultras and APM. The Ultras are better ANC no doubt about it on airplane. I would venture to say 15-20% better. With that said, the Ultras have many issues and I am sure Bose will never fix it. Side tone doesn’t work, static/white noise on the 2.5mm input, disappointing microphone performance. So yeah …. I use both.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I’ve had such poor experiences with Bose products the last few years that I’m sort of “out” on them as a brand for the foreseeable future.

I say this as someone who has loved many of their products for decades…. I still have an acoustimass and cube speaker setup at one of my TVs and I love it … still going from 1997!

Whatever they are doing isn’t being done to a high enough quality level lately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.