Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paperburnwr123

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2018
I dropped the case and put a gash in it so I decided to buy a case

418f1aa5a7b292dcff074bdcd42d90df.jpg
3712bd38a15305542558da4d20a49913.jpg
00902efd70cc59d8391febe6d7cc63dc.jpg
c1077c685d77b0f7b5931c0a3b616bd1.jpg
Can you link me to your glow in the dark AirPod silicon vase ? Thank u so much
[doublepost=1546138995][/doublepost]
Can you link me to your glow in the dark AirPod silicon vase ? Thank u so much
link to silicon case **thank youuuuu :)

piblondin

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Has anyone experienced the volume of the AirPods being lowered after a drop?

I've had a couple of different AirPods now, and I've unfortunately dropped all of them. After some more significant drops, I've suspected that I've had the volume lowered on them a bit. I use them with MacOS, and I've had to move the volume slider up quite a bit to get the same volume pressure as before.

The strange thing is that it seems to me that even if I just dropped one of them, both would be affected by the relative loss in volume setting. Either they have some sort of volume-sensing ability between each other, or I'm making this up (which I'm not counting out, as hearing can be a very subjective thing and be influenced by biases).

So I'm very curious to learn if anyone else has had this experience.
Did you ever determine whether the volume actually decreased? I think I had something similar happen, but I'm not sure!

MaybesAye

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2018
Gen 2, purchased early Sep 2019, rolled onto floor late Sep 2019 and the L stopped working - guess I'm unlucky 😞

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Dropped a bud when standing in a queue the other day.

Ended up giving the guy in front of me a little shove in the panic of thinking he'd tread on it

Ides of March

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
Where the bullet comes....
I lost mine for about 7 months, maybe 6 ago outside. I couldn't find them. I was done cutting the grass and had them in the case and I assumed they fell out. When I found them by my gate door I couldn't believe it. They were buried in the mud, with leaves on top. They were snowed on, rained on, mowed over with my mower, walked on, went through the winter cold.

I thought they were dead. but I cleaned out the charging port from the dirt and mud and they actually took the charge again. I was shocked, I was just gonna toss them. But to this day they work fine. Apple made a pretty kick ass product and I will buy another if these do come to an end.

• Wow
Reactions: jbachandouris

keithdoc

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2016
I’ve been trying to figure out if they can come out of the case when dropped because I opened my case on a flight to see both gone! I had dropped the case at airport security before putting in the plastic tray but didn’t see them come out and was very confused. So this is possible!!

I've dropped case multiple times. No damage, but LATER discovered BOTH of those little buggers made a break for it in opposite directions. Last time they made the final escape! Time for two replacements ;(

I don't want a case (enjoy smaller size compared to the Beats Pro), but am considering something to keep them closed.

Fancy Apple designed in California Rubber Band???? ;)

Vdovin

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2019
Dropped my earbuds a few times on concrete and carpet. No issues yet. One has a very little dink in the plastic where it hit the floor but I think it’s just cosmetic.

If they stop working will just get it replaced by Apple. However they are so slippery I am sure they have been designed to sustain some drop damage.

You have to be so careful all the time to never drop it. Sometimes you just busy and forget and it slips out. I think no big deal.

If you worry about dropping these you won’t ever enjoy them. They are designed to be used and abused lol. Obviously don’t sling them out 30th floor haha

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Many, many, many times :D Thanks to my nerve damage and spasms, they’ve been dropped and thrown across the room unintentionally a lot since I got them. They’ve also been slept on, as I often fall asleep wearing them, usually leading to finding them on, or under the bed in the morning.

They’re durable wee buggers. The battery in my original AirPods gave up the ghost a while back and they were (are) still in great shape.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
Once while out on a hike (in early 2020, around mid-March, before Covid shut everything down here) I had my Pods in my ears but my case in that little pocket in the right front pocket of my jeans (keys were in the larger pocket and I didn't want the case damaged by rubbing against the keys) and unknown to me, about a mile and a half into the hike, the case had popped out of that little pocket and fell somewhere. I backtracked about another hour and good thing it was sunny out as the case was quite noticeable in a pile of leaves in the forest. I know I could have bought a new case but I didn't know that much about AirPods at the time and figured they 'paired' to the phone via the case, and had to be used with that case. Either way, I admit to sweating quite a bit while attempting to locate the case!

I've never dropped the pods yet or lose one out of an ear (once a concern I had with true-wireless buds) but the case has sustained quite a few drops but looks ok on the outside. inside, from dirt at work to repeated use of it, the white appearance is more like spotted up with little black marks and dirt I can't seem to remove.

JerryBrendle

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2020
They don't really hold up very well to being ran over by a car though! I found this one in a parking lot and thankfully it wasn't mine.
thumbnail_IMG_0981.jpg

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
After hearing about someone finding one AirPod, then seeing that picture ^^^ Is anyone concerned about folks disposing of 'spent' AirPods this way?

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
I mean I see discarded face masks everywhere too, so it's like so many are too lazy to make it to the trash can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.