Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCraig Pro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, UK
Hi all,

I got some beats fit pros for Christmas and I’m not liking them. The noise cancellation is poor at best and the fit isn’t great.

I wondered if I’d notice the difference the AirPod Pro 2nd generation if I were to return them?

Many thanks!

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
I’ve had both and the Beats are better with fitment and staying in place. Apple uses the same size tips for both so not sure it would be much different if any.

MacCraig Pro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, UK
I’ve had both and the Beats are better with fitment and staying in place. Apple uses the same size tips for both so not sure it would be much different if any.

How different is the Noise Cancellation on the AirPods?

I have to admit I like the way the Beats stay in especially when I am running. The transparency mode is amazing too!

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011

I have to admit I like the way the Beats stay in especially when I am running. The transparency mode is amazing too!

AirPods Pro 2 ANC is better than BFP and APP2 and Beats Fit Pro sound similar to me which is very good. I think BFP sound way better than the OG APP.

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
The AirPods Pro won’t stay in my ears. Eventually, I lost one while I was working. Beats Fit Pro have been perfect for me and I was grateful to find another product that worked in the ecosystem. I love them.

Edited to add: I don’t feel I heard a discernible difference between the two, but because I was always preoccupied with the fit I’m not the best judge.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand

I have owned both, can't say that the APP ANC is better or different than the BFP. But I am referring to 1st Gen APP. However I could not get the APP right piece to remain in my ear, so I sold them and bought the BFP and just love them. I find them comfortable and sound great, I use them always in Transparency mode as I walk on streets and need to know where the vehicles are. For me the BFP are a no brainer vs the APP / 2

MacCraig Pro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, UK
Thanks all. I got used to the BFP's in the end and whilst the ANC isn't foolproof it's reasonably okay and I love the fact they stay in my ears!

I also like the fact they work with Android too as my next phone is likely to be and Android phone later this year.

PPCmike

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2012
Yeah I love my BFP's I got tired of the issues with my airpod pro's I was on the second replacement when the case no longer held a charge so I decided to switch.. the only issue is my ears sweat a lot sometimes it gets a little loose but it still stays in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.