Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
If I recall correctly, everything was fine until I changed my Wi-Fi router from 802.11ac to 802.11ax. Could this cause my AirPods to cut out when not near my MacBook Pro? When I am close to my MacBook Pro, everything seems fine. Before, when the Wi-Fi was on 802.11ac, I could walk away to quite a distance and they would still work. Now that does not seem to be the case as the music stops very frequently when I am at a distance from my MacBook Pro.

Wi-Fi info:

1703754897643.png

Edit: Seems to happen even when sitting right next to my MacBook Pro. Is it only a problem with Apple Music? Apple TV app seems to play fine.

Last edited:

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Anyone? I saw that resetting the Bluetooth module could work. What is the Terminal command for resetting the Bluetooth module on macOS Sonoma?

MacCraig Pro

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, UK
I'd say the Wi-Fi change is a coincidence. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi use very different radio frequencies.

I suppose the only way to check is to turn off your routers and see if you can replicate the problem?

Also, how long have you had the MBP and the AirPods?

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
I bought the AirPods with my iPhone 14 Pro back in April. I got my MacBook Pro in November.

I'll keep testing this out because it seems to have stopped happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.