Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
So today I had my first real life test with the AirTags and got really disappointed. My iPhone kept saying this:

B5C07D32-D875-4670-AAFF-030B6A8ED614.jpeg

Which is more than 2 hours ago and it was still showing my home address! But then I thought to check out the FindMy app on the iPad and guess what:

BB1FF904-3BDF-47A6-8CAC-534755579FA2.jpeg

The actual location and a very recent refresh of the location is shown there. So on the iPad everything looks great how it’s supposed to, but on the iPhone it just seems stuck. I even turned on the notification and I got a notification on my iPhone of the home address and a notification on my iPad with the correct actual address where it is.

Anyone else seeing this behavior and know a solution?

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Restart your phone…?
First thing I tried, nothing changed. I wanted to try and delete the FindMy app but that’s not possible.

When I physically walked to the location of the AirTag it did update on my iPhone and iPad. But when it’s out of range, it’s not updating on my iPhone’s FindMy app while it is updating on my iPad’s app.

mr.vince

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
Sorry to revive this thread. But I have the exact same issue. I popped an AirTag in a box which I shipped abroad. On my iPhone the box is shown as being just 35 miles away with the last ping on the 18th of May. On my iPad, mac and probably all other devices it shows correctly as being 350 miles away with a ping that is just minutes old. Tried the usual stuff. Reboot phone, reinstall Find my etc. But nothing. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Sorry to revive this thread. But I have the exact same issue. I poppen an AirTag in a box which I shipped abroad. On my iPhone the box is shown as being just 35 miles away with the last ping on the 18th of May. On my iPad, mac and probably all other devices it shows correctly as being 350 miles away with a ping that is just minutes old. Tried the usual stuff. Reboot phone, reinstall Find my etc. But nothing. Any ideas?
Have you checked that the "find my network" setting under "find my phone" is enabled?
Not a 100% its needed when finding other devices, but worth a try.

Last edited:

mr.vince

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
It wasn’t anything of the obvious. I ended up removing my iCloud account from my phone and then added it again and presto. So definitely something fishy on Apple‘s side with the phone stopping show the right data. All my other objects were correct before and after…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.