Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022
What aliexpress leather case do you have? 15PM specifically. Looking for a strong magnet. I’m overwhelmed by the choices so I’m hoping to catch the attention of someone who already has one, but I’ll take any suggestions! Bullstrap is just waaay out of the budget right now but I’d like to try leather.

Reactions: kvlq

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
View attachment 2291008 Look what apple had.

lol jk but they look identical to my older leather cases. Feel is little different and we shall see how they hold up.

I just got it but I’ve been messing with my 12 max pro and it feels about the same. My 12 has been used for 2 years though. But for 12 dollars if I didn’t know any better I’d think it’s was from apple lol.

Original Apple Leather With Magsafe Case For iPhone 15 Pro Max 14 Pro Max Plus 14Pro 15Pro Case Wireless Charging Magnetic Cover

I ordered these based on the posts above, but it will be a while before they arrive so I can't provide any first-hand review of them, but for $12 each, they look pretty good to me.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Ugh they don’t have the orange for the 15PM :( I kinda love that shade!
Keep a watch on the seller. My guess is that it may become available later on since the 15P/PM release is still fairly early. I'd like red, but picked up a black and blue to try out. Someone else may have other Ali seller suggestions with more color offerings.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I have this arriving this week, in grey.

Expecting PU leather for the price

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £8.67 30% Off | Magnetic Genuine Cowhide Leather Case For iPhone 15 Pro Max 15Pro Wireless Charging Plating Buttons Slim High-end Back Cover

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £8.67 30% Off | Magnetic Genuine Cowhide Leather Case For iPhone 15 Pro Max 15Pro Wireless Charging Plating Buttons Slim High-end Back Cover
oooh that’s a contender! Sad that I just spent every last penny on gas for the car but I will have money later this week. Let me know how the magnet is!

daindian1

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2023
1696884537578.png
This one is £20 looks very similar to the leather ones double the price from decoded,ander etc

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
leathcas.jpg

The magnet on my 15 "leather" case is ridiculously strong. It's synthetic PU, but after a week it looks and feels great and will never fade or look bad. Search eBay for "iPhone 15 leather case" and you'll find one for the PM.

Reactions: LoveMyPens

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018

Don't order this case.

It's not even PU leather, it's a TPU case with a leather affect.

The fit is good and the magnets are strong though 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: chubbychicken

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022
Ali express case after spending over 1000 on a phone is wild 😂
I didn’t pay out of pocket. I upgraded through T-Mobile and the installments for the 15PM simply replace the installments for my 14PM. I am certifiably poor and could never spend $1200 on anything let alone a phone. I have my eye on a Bullstrap case but I need $85 to spend for that.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I'm looking for an aliexpress dupe, something that's close the the Andar. Meaning real leather, relatively slim, and closed on the bottom. Anyone have something similar?

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
I have the blue one from Ali express, the leather is not as soft and the buttons aren’t as clicky as apples leather cases but it does the job for $12 can’t beat it.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I'm looking for an aliexpress dupe, something that's close the the Andar. Meaning real leather, relatively slim, and closed on the bottom. Anyone have something similar?
Search YMW. They do an array of real leather cases, all different types and styles. They are slowly dribbling the release of the different types for the 15 series

Reactions: DennisdeWit

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Some of us are poor, you know.

i bought 15 Pro and 15 Pro max and both cases from aliexpress

I’m actually well off in the $ department but still bought a leather replica from eBay cause the apple ones were always my favorite. I only rocked the black one after the terrible leather they introduced in the iPhone 12.

I might still get the bullstrap one at some point.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Search YMW. They do an array of real leather cases, all different types and styles. They are slowly dribbling the release of the different types for the 15 series
Whoa nice. I just did some deep searching about YNW and they seem really legit! Are the buttons clicky/tactile? The patina looks awesome.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I’m actually well off in the $ department but still bought a leather replica from eBay cause the apple ones were always my favorite. I only rocked the black one after the terrible leather they introduced in the iPhone 12.

I might still get the bullstrap one at some point.
Same as you - love the Apple leather cases and bought a replica leather case for my 15 Pro Max on EBay. Hoping it is the same as Apple’s previous leather cases. I too am well off in the $ department, but just wish I can buy another Apple leather case this year. Really annoying trying to find a leather case that is just like it.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Whoa nice. I just did some deep searching about YNW and they seem really legit! Are the buttons clicky/tactile? The patina looks awesome.
I had one for my 14 Pro for a bit and yeah, buttons were very very good.

I'm waiting delivery (only just dispatched) for one for my 15 pro

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I´m getting one from Ebay in the colour Evergreen as I have yet to find a nice green coloured leather case from one of the brand names. It will be delievered tomorrow and I´ll compare it to my two Decoded Brown and clay colored leather cases, the Andar Aspen in Camel Tan and brown Nomad Modern Leather case.

For the price I´m not expecting full grain leather, or maybe real leather at all but I thought I´d give it a try just for the fun of it.

Reactions: kvlq and GDF
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.