Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheHoffmann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
I am looking for an alternative Music plater for Mac OS. I wish to say goodbye to Music.app as there are several issues which I cannot live with. Are there any great alternatives? I am looking for an application that plays the music (mostly mp3s), allows me to search it quickly and to organize it in lists. Not looking for a link to Apple Music, Spotify or the likes. So basically… the old days of iTunes.

KlytusLord

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
No such thing anymore. There are some third-party options for syncing your local music files with a mobile device, but there is no old-school music manager that simply does what iTunes did in the old days.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Have you updated to Catalina 10.15.2 yet? It brings back the column browser and album artwork in Song view in the Music app. Almost back to where iTunes was. Apart from that I haven't found a good alternative to iTunes either. Managing local libraries seems to be going out of style. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.