Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
This happened to me with the XS Max preorder and release. It was a nightmare.

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
NC
Same. UPS showed up to deliver my phone and said it wasn’t on his truck. Now they can’t find it. Contacted Apple to escalate and now a replacement is showing up on my account delivering the end of October…
This is exactly the scenario I experienced when UPS pulled up on Friday. Lots of searching, but the driver said he couldn't find it.

Then he said it would be delivered on Saturday (I knew this was false).

Anyway, I hope you can secure one before the end of next month.

Reactions: Player-1

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Depressing. UPS have a habit of losing high-value items. I had a return go missing once and it took Apple an age to investigate while I argued the issue was now between them and UPS (as I could prove I had returned per instructions) - I just wanted my refund!

The best case to argue is for Apple to expedite a replacement asap 🙏

Reactions: BarredOwl

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
NC
Wow, they had them available? I assumed no matter what it would be at least a month till they had more.

I acted fast. I have three Apple Stores near me, and when the original pre-order didn't show when it should have I snagged another locally.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
If you have a nearby Apple Store always pick up a preorder there.
Agree, and if you need another reason, there's this: you can do the setup and account transfer in-store to verify it is complete and works, then hand your old phone (if you're trading in or upgrading via iUP) to store staff who will sign off on the trade-in and its condition right there in front of you. No issues about trade-in phones that someone in some third party service provider decides are damaged, or worse, no issues with a trade-in that goes missing on its way to the service provider.

Denimlion

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
This happened to my partner. UPS claims the phone was delivered and signed for at our address, but we have cameras and it definitely wasn't. After they went to all the trouble of pre ordering it, you'd think Apple would divert one of the models going to stores and send it in a timely fashion. Instead they are predicting late October. Really disappointing and frustrating- not to mention all the time wasted on the phone.

Reactions: compwiz1202

rzc16512

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2015
Happened to me as well. Phone was out for delivery Friday, then switched back to "on the way" that night and has been stuck there. Luckily I had already decided I was going to return for a higher storage capacity and was able to get what I wanted from a nearby store on Saturday. Never had an issue with UPS before...bummer.

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
NC
Happened to me as well. Phone was out for delivery Friday, then switched back to "on the way" that night and has been stuck there. Luckily I had already decided I was going to return for a higher storage capacity and was able to get what I wanted from a nearby store on Saturday. Never had an issue with UPS before...bummer.
That’s an awful experience too. Yes, this is also my first big issue with UPS.

I’m glad you got the device you wanted.

This release is unique, but the device seems great!

Hopefully 16.1 gets stabilized soon and it can be enjoyed as should’ve been at launch.

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
NC
This happened to my partner. UPS claims the phone was delivered and signed for at our address, but we have cameras and it definitely wasn't. After they went to all the trouble of pre ordering it, you'd think Apple would divert one of the models going to stores and send it in a timely fashion. Instead they are predicting late October. Really disappointing and frustrating- not to mention all the time wasted on the phone.
Terrible, so sorry this happened.

My advice would be to check the local store (if there is one) in the morning (about 8) and after 1 PM, whatever time zone you’re in.

You’ll be able to snag one in store before that late October date if you’re aware and wily.

Reactions: Bstephens

theinstructor

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
My tale of woe is surmised with: Someone within my local UPS delivery network stole a Deep Purple iPhone Pro Max 1TB.

UPS has opened an “investigation.”

Who else is still missing a promised launch day iPhone?
Mine disappeared today as well. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday and UPS showed a “Sortation Exception” and said it was routed to the wrong sorting location locally. When the guy delivered it this morning the box was extremely light! I thought hey this new Pro model must be Titanium! Haha

Nope. The box security tape was completely ripped off and inside the package, the box itself was also ripped open and the phone missing.

GJ UPS.

• Sad

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
NC
That's awful too! Hopefully Apple gets it sorted out for you relatively quickly. I doubt UPS will be much help.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Ugh this is why I've started waiting after launches until stores have stock so I can just walk in and buy one. I'd probably get locked up for what I'd do if my brand new phone got stolen out of the box :mad:
I've never had an issue with Pre-Order Instore but didn't have the money until later this time. Been seeing a bunch of Maxes show today, so hopefully they will show up tomorrow morning too.

Reactions: Ac1d 8urn

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
This happened to me with my 11 Pro Max. They left the charger and headphones, took the phone. I was pissed off and neither UPS nor Verizon were all that enthusiastic about sorting it out. By the way, Verizon sucks.

Gelein83

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
Mine had been delayed since the middle of last week. My UPS driver said they shouldn’t tell me this but 5 got stolen the first day and more the next. They searched all the employees but she said mine probably got stolen and UPS is frantically trying to replace them and “delaying” shipping to try and refill the orders.

• Angry
Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.