Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cessna_Flyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2024
Hello

I upgraded to ios 17.4 and seem to be getting smashed with errors in anayltics data...

I am getting smashed with this one multiple times a day ExcUserFault_icloudsubscriptionoptimizerd . I only use the phone for calls/messages so I dont have any apple account on the phone nor do I have any icloud activated. This one started appearing the day after the 17.4 update and it appears multiple times a day mainly in the mornings. Any idea on what it is?

Does anyone have the below logs after the 17.4 update? Kinda worried somethings wrong.

ExcUserFault_apsd
ExcUserFault_chronod
ExcUserFault_imagent
ExcUserFault_IMDPersistanceAgent
ExcUserFault_photoanalysisd
ExcUserFault_siriactionsd
ExcUserFault_ThumbnailExtensionSecure
searchd.diskwrites_resources
sharingd_diskwrites_resource
stacks+com.apple.datamigrator

Cessna_Flyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2024
Are you having any performance problems?
Hello

Thank you so much for the reply.

I got a new iphone a few days before the update came out and never noticed these errors on my previous iphone so when they started appearing a couple of days later I was worried the new phone had some "hidden" issue.

But to answer the quistain, the phone does not show any performance issues.

I have the same entries but have no system problems.

Do you have all the ones I have listed above?
Do you have ExcUserFault_icloudsubscriptionoptimizerd appearing daily as well?
I have others but they are the normal JetSam ones so not concerned on them.

Thanks again for responding, and sorry if these are dumb quistains but when you spend good money on a new phone you want to make sure everythings good while your in the "return" window.

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
Hello

Thank you so much for the reply.

I got a new iphone a few days before the update came out and never noticed these errors on my previous iphone so when they started appearing a couple of days later I was worried the new phone had some "hidden" issue.

But to answer the quistain, the phone does not show any performance issues.

Do you have all the ones I have listed above?
Do you have ExcUserFault_icloudsubscriptionoptimizerd appearing daily as well?
I have others but they are the normal JetSam ones so not concerned on them.

Thanks again for responding, and sorry if these are dumb quistains but when you spend good money on a new phone you want to make sure everythings good while your in the "return" window.
The return window is for if you don't like the color of the phone. Anything wrong with the phone will be obvious in use and is covered by the warranty. AppleCare+ even better.
One thing is for sure, humans will get very little out if the analytics reports. They are for Apple's computers to analyse. You will find the words fault and error or worse all over them.

roycash108

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
india
Ignore the analytics data...it means absolutely nothing to most people anyway. You're not having any issues so I wouldn't worry.
I get these messages and i do have issues on my iphone SE 2. screen continually locks up especially on left side. Seems to have gotten worse since updating to 17.4

P_Watt

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2018
I get these messages and i do have issues on my iphone SE 2. screen continually locks up especially on left side. Seems to have gotten worse since updating to 17.4
The analytics data is still gobbledygook and will not help.
Yours sounds like hardware if a restore to factory will not help. Hardware faults can get worse after updates through thermal stress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.