Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk24iam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I'm going to make the switch over to Verizon iphone. I don't want to foret anything. Here is what I plan on doing.

Backup contacts with Backup Assistant.
Save all pictures/video on computer hard drive.
Make a list of all apps on android phone.

Anything I am forgetting anything?

cotak

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
I'm going to make the switch over to Verizon iphone. I don't want to foret anything. Here is what I plan on doing.

Backup contacts with Backup Assistant.
Save all pictures/video on computer hard drive.
Make a list of all apps on android phone.

Anything I am forgetting anything?

Just sync your contacts to your gmail account. Then sync your iphone with gmail. No need for backup assistant and you'll always have that contact info as long as any smart phone you use can sync with gmail. Which I think right now is pretty much all of them.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Just sync your contacts to your gmail account. Then sync your iphone with gmail. No need for backup assistant and you'll always have that contact info as long as any smart phone you use can sync with gmail. Which I think right now is pretty much all of them.

If you are on Android already, aren't you by default synching everything to Gmail? :confused:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Enter your Gmail account on the iPhone through the Exchange setting, not the Gmail setting. The Exchange option allows you to sync contacts, unlike the Gmail option.

sk24iam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009

I prefer to keep all of my contacts on my phone seperate from my gmail contacts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.