Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I know the title might sound clickbaity, but trust me, these are actual issues I'm experiencing. The Calendar app built into macOS is great, don't get me wrong, but there are some issues which honestly are making me think of switching to some other app.
  1. Events don't paste properly. When trying to copy events from one day to another, they appear in the wrong order (like an event at noon would appear before an event at 9:00 AM, for instance). I have to quit and relaunch the Calendar app to fix this. Obviously this does not happen with repeating events, but for things that repeat irregularly, copying and pasting them results in this issue.
  2. Additionally, pasting events causes it to appear in the wrong calendar - while the original event is under the correct calendar, the pasted event almost always isn't. So I have to manually adjust that, which, for many events is annoying.
  3. There is no way (that I know of, at least) to change what calendar multiple events are simultaneously. For example, it is impossible to change several events at once from "Home" to "Work."
  4. iCloud Calendar does not always sync across devices. This is pretty self-explanatory.
Anyway, these are my issues/annoyances with the built-in Calendar app. Some of them are probably just bugs, but they frustrate me, nonetheless.

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
1. I have seen as well. Requires relaunch of the Calendar to fix and is an annoying bug.

2. Check your settings in Calendar under general>default. If you have “selected calendar” chosen as an option, just ensure that the intended Calendar you want to use for pasting is highlighted before pasting the event. Or choose the default you use the most before pasting. Easier if you keep the sidebar open with the Calendars list visible.

Number 3. Wish they would allow command + click to drag several events to a Calendar on the sidebar list. For now, just command + click on all the events you want to change. Then right click, under calendar in contextual menu, click the calendar you want for the events and they will change simultaneously.

Number 4. YMMV. I haven’t encountered issues here in a long time. If there is a delay, I just pull to refresh on iOS for the Calendars list view, or Command + R on the Mac, and it kicks in sync for me. Haven’t had to do this in a very long time, but again, this experience varies from user to user.

Reactions: rm5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.