Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Just tried on my old silver link. As expected the titanium body has a warmer tone compared to the stainless steel band, but not too noticeable in person tbh.

Attachments

• 9B3DAA25-F766-475B-9C41-C599E9169598.jpeg
    9B3DAA25-F766-475B-9C41-C599E9169598.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 2,916
Last edited:

Xarthan

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Has it been easy to slide on? It's been a pain in the rump to slide mine in to the part where it has just scratched up my space black one, I do have it taken apart to slide it easier, but it feels like it's stuck or very difficult to slide in.

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Has it been easy to slide on? It's been a pain in the rump to slide mine in to the part where it has just scratched up my space black one, I do have it taken apart to slide it easier, but it feels like it's stuck or very difficult to slide in.
Mine is very difficult to get in and out - so much so that I've retired this band to "special occasions only" status. Someone in another thread remarked that adding some kind of lubricant may help, but I haven't tested this myself.

Edit: I applied some high-temperature silicone spray lubricant to the ends of the link bracelet, and that didn't seem to make much difference. However, I have noticed that so long as the "angle of attack" is bang-on perfect when inserting the adaptor end into the channel on the Ultra, it's much easier to insert and remove. It seems this band is a lot pickier than others about the angle of insertion and force applied.

Last edited:

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
So how exactly are you getting this band off? You do realize Apple included directions for a purpose?

The right way and most easiest way to do it:

- Disconnect one of the links from the bracelet, so that the connectors stay inside the watch;
- Do the same for the other side;
- The band comes off and the connectors stay in;
- Push the disconnect button on the Watch and take off the connectors. Do it gently and DO NOT pull or push it from the side, but slide it from under a little bit.

I have done it a few times and in under 20 seconds. No need for lubes or whatever.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Pencil graphite is a good lubricant for house keys and zips and might be helpful here too.
Just rub the pencil over the the areas that go into the watch and that may help.

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
So how exactly are you getting this band off? You do realize Apple included directions for a purpose?
Yes professor, I read TFM and have been inserting and removing the link bracelet exactly as you describe. It is still an extremely tight fit on my Ultra and difficult to slide in or out even when doing things exactly according to procedure.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Yes professor, I read TFM and have been inserting and removing the link bracelet exactly as you describe. It is still an extremely tight fit on my Ultra and difficult to slide in or out even when doing things exactly according to procedure.
Exactly the same with mine. The link and Alpine loops are very hard to get in to the top connector of my Ultra (bottom one is fine). And when removing, the button to unlock the mechanism is very hard to push in, then it’s hard to pull both of those bands out. However every other type of band is fine, as are those bands on my other two watches.

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Exactly the same with mine. The link and Alpine loops are very hard to get in to the top connector of my Ultra (bottom one is fine). And when removing, the button to unlock the mechanism is very hard to push in, then it’s hard to pull both of those bands out. However every other type of band is fine, as are those bands on my other two watches.
Yep, this exactly. Though in my case the Alpine loop eventually got much easier to insert and remove, and now it’s no longer an issue. The link bracelet is still difficult, but also getting (slightly) easier over time. Every other band, including third-party bands, is just as easy to insert and remove as they ever were.

Reactions: RPhoto

Eagle2

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2020
My favourite combo after initial hesitation - also very comfortable

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: toughkitty5

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
This thread could make damage to my wallet 😂 but please, add more pictures of Ultra/Ultra 2 with stainless steel link.

Reactions: Eagle2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.