Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
iPhone15 Pro Max w iOS 17.5.1:

I bought a screen protector that i liked, however i noticed later that it effected how hard i had to tap to activate items on the screen. I took it off and back to true touch control. Is there a screen protector that does not effect touch? Id hate to scratch this device.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Flolab and torras are the best for full screen coverage with no cutting sides of the actual screen. First one is 40 bucks and second 29.

Cons: heavy at 14g almost half of the silicone case weight.

Apple has clear film at 2.5g weight but for 45 dollars.

I have torras and have no issues with it. But if money is no object, clear film from apple for 45 is good but lasts only 6 month. Second best flolab, torras being third.

Reactions: Ipadlover29

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I have started using this glass. Very good quality with a self aligning applicator. The smooth olephobic coating has lasted for a long time. Edge to edge coverage but yet case friendly (barely). UltraGlass 9H+ Glass for iPhone 15 Pro Max Screen Protector [Military Grade Shatterproof & Longest Durable] Screen Protector 15 Pro Max Tempered Glass Full Coverage Protection, 2 Packs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB5VVSG..._r_ud_dp_HVPA2WMXJG65GF0G6XDZ&skipTwisterOG=2

if you like the anti glare glass or want to try it, then Mothca is the absolute best.

Mothca 2 Pack Matte Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 15 Pro Max[6.7 inch] + 2 Pack Camera Lens Protector, Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint Case Friendly Tempered Glass Film, Bubble Free, Smooth as Silk https://www.amazon.com/Mothca-Protector-Anti-Glare-Anti-Fingerprint-Friendly/dp/B0CDLT8VD5

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Thank you guys for your suggestions. I liked the protector i had, but interference w touch screen was too much. Am i naive to think there is a screen protector that doesnt effect touch to various degrees?

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Thank you guys for your suggestions. I liked the protector i had, but interference w touch screen was too much. Am i naive to think there is a screen protector that doesnt effect touch to various degrees?
Well I haven’t had any problems at all. The above links are my personal favorites, I’ve used many glass protectors on past iPhones & they keep getting better. The “only” time I had touch issues on my iPhone was due to very dry hands and fingers during the winter. Touch wasn’t so good with dry hands. I always use a screen protector because the factory iPhone glass scratches easily! The Ultra Glass gets within a millimeter or less from the edges of the iPhone screen, it really is that good. Excellent product, I just ordered more for spares.

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
I only noticed interference on a very cheap thick glass protectors. Anything cited above should not produce any different results than naked screen if not better: for example torras screen protector has better oleophobic coating, so less smudges and less friction than naked.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Spigen screen protectors are brilliant and don’t appear affect the screen at all.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I've never had any screen protector affect the touch screen usage. At least not anything noticeable to me.

Not sponsored/paid lol but I use JETech for pretty much everything. Got it on my iPhone, my gfs iPhone, my Switch, and Steam Deck. Used them on my old Pixel too. Never had any problems.

Reactions: splifingate

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
iPhone15 Pro Max w iOS 17.5.1:

I bought a screen protector that i liked, however i noticed later that it effected how hard i had to tap to activate items on the screen. I took it off and back to true touch control. Is there a screen protector that does not effect touch? Id hate to scratch this device.
I’m a huge esr fan. They have a warranty replacement. So when you buy one you get 2. Then you have one warranty replacement claim and they send you another one with 2 sets.

I’ve dropped my phones and it’s surged drops. And it’s not a magnet for finger prints. I’ve used them since the 12 mini days.

People paying $40 for a screen protector lol smh.

Reactions: caligurl

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
i can second torras as a great protector. someone else in the accessories forum recommended the new version. not sure if links are allowed but it's this one:

it's a bit pricier, but i installed it a few days ago based on the positive comments. it was easy to apply, although took a bit of effort to squeegee out the air bubbles. the edges are curved and soft and best of all it hasn't been collecting dust along the edges like a lot of protectors do

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
i can second torras as a great protector. someone else in the accessories forum recommended the new version. not sure if links are allowed but it's this one:

it's a bit pricier, but i installed it a few days ago based on the positive comments. it was easy to apply, although took a bit of effort to squeegee out the air bubbles. the edges are curved and soft and best of all it hasn't been collecting dust along the edges like a lot of protectors do
It's unfortunate but it does cover edges of the screen with the border.

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
It's unfortunate but it does cover edges of the screen with the border.
you mean the black edge of the protector? it's imperceptible if it does. i was concerned about that as well and i tested mine with the little white L's on the camera and mine are fully visible.

i did also have a spigen before that cracked, and a mothca matte one that also cracked from drops. neither had black frames on them and i don't notice any difference in screen real estate.

but you're right, there is a potential for it to edge out a line of pixels or so

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
you mean the black edge of the protector? it's imperceptible if it does. i was concerned about that as well and i tested mine with the little white L's on the camera and mine are fully visible.

i did also have a spigen before that cracked, and a mothca matte one that also cracked from drops. neither had black frames on them and i don't notice any difference in screen real estate.

but you're right, there is a potential for it to edge out a line of pixels or so
You have an updated 3D Torras and it isn't cutting into the Camera's L's?? I may get one if that's true lol

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
You have an updated 3D Torras and it isn't cutting into the Camera's L's?? I may get one if that's true lol
IMG_4520.jpeg

That’s how mine looks. The margin of error is only a few pixels wide I think so maybe there’s variance between each protector plus maybe if it’s applied slightly off etc. but if there is any content being blocked it’s hard to tell here.

This is the ‘diashield’ torras protector that I linked previously. I believe it’s updated from their ‘diamond shield’

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
View attachment 2388883
That’s how mine looks. The margin of error is only a few pixels wide I think so maybe there’s variance between each protector plus maybe if it’s applied slightly off etc. but if there is any content being blocked it’s hard to tell here.

This is the ‘diashield’ torras protector that I linked previously. I believe it’s updated from their ‘diamond shield’
If you don’t mind, could you also try out these three images?

They were linked in the other thread.

Attachments

• IMG_0964.png
    IMG_0964.png
    34 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0966.png
    IMG_0966.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0965.png
    IMG_0965.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 59

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Yeh I don’t mind but I see these say 15 pro im on a pro max you have images for that size?
I’m not sure if it matters. I would think it would be obvious once you had them loaded up so if that’s the case never mind then. 😅

Lotuskid

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
I’m not sure if it matters. I would think it would be obvious once you had them loaded up so if that’s the case never mind then. 😅
So with your images I can see the whole outline but on the right edge it looks like it could be on the verge of being cut off. And in the bottom it’s visible face on but if you angle it the red line can be hidden

Attachments

• IMG_4521.jpeg
    IMG_4521.jpeg
    502.4 KB · Views: 109

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
So with your images I can see the whole outline but on the right edge it looks like it could be on the verge of being cut off. And in the bottom it’s visible face on but if you angle it the red line can be hidden
That looks pretty great! If you angle any of these protectors with black borders, some of the screen will be cut off--it's unavoidable.

Thanks for your time in uploading these images for some stranger 🙏

Reactions: Lotuskid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.