Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I am not to convinced about SemiRestore, but I remember using iLexRat for IOS6 successfully several times ....
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/23/how-to-use-ilex-rat/

Thanks, I'll check that out. I also have my old 32GB Iphone 3GS on IOS 6.02 which would make an even better iPod. I might try it first on the 4. If things screw up on the 3GS, I would be forced to update to the last version of IOS 6, and would lose the jailbreak and one of the best tweaks ever, Cyueue.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Does anyone know of a way to restore a phone 4 while keeping it on IOS 6.1?
Would like to use it as a dedicated iPod.

I could do a normal iTunes restore (bringing it up to its highest possible firmware of 7.1.2), but from what I've heard the iPhone 4 runs much better on IOS 6.xx...

you've got shsh blobs for iOS 6.1 so you can use a program like ifaith to stitch the SHSH blobs to the ipsw to create a custom ipsw

put the device into pwned DFU mode

open itunes and shift + click restore (windows) or alt + click restore (mac), select the custom ipsw and restore

if you don't have shsh blobs, you can use ifaith downloaded from ih8sn0w.com to dump the blobs for your current iOS version

please note that you only have this option because your iPhone 4 has a bootrom exploit availiable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.