Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Synced fine on my iMac, gone on both my iPhone and MBP...

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Do not upgrade on Reminders, it will ask you to upgrade your database, if you do any older OS's will not sync anymore with Reminders. It's works even if you do not upgrade, it will just keep. blue upgrade button on the new Reminders. Sub-Tasks & the new icons are the only thing that don't seem to work.
IMG_64995839455C-1.jpeg

pgharavi

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2004
My main issue is that it's huge. I wish it had the smaller mode of the previous version.

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Do not upgrade on Reminders, it will ask you to upgrade your database, if you do any older OS's will not sync anymore with Reminders. It's works even if you do not upgrade, it will just keep. blue upgrade button on the new Reminders. Sub-Tasks & the new icons are the only thing that don't seem to work.
View attachment 840699

I clicked upgrade on some of my devices and now it doesn't work. I can't create a reminder or anything. I even ask Siri and it's like she doesn't recognize the app. The odd thing is that it does work on my iMac ...but only my iMac (running Catalina). The iPhone and MBP all show zero. Looks like there is no fix for this so I'll have to wait until the next Beta?

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I clicked upgrade on some of my devices and now it doesn't work. I can't create a reminder or anything. I even ask Siri and it's like she doesn't recognize the app. The odd thing is that it does work on my iMac ...but only my iMac (running Catalina). The iPhone and MBP all show zero. Looks like there is no fix for this so I'll have to wait until the next Beta?
The only fix is you have to have the new OS's running on all your devices if you pressed upgrade. That will not change in next beta. It upgrades your iCloud Reminders to support the new features. Therefore once upgraded, your older Reminders app cannot sync to the new Reminders app and vice versa, they won't communicate and have their own separate databases...

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
So your Mac has to be on the Catalina beta or you can't use Reminders on it? If so, kind of a deal killer for me. I use Reminders on all four of my devices. It doesn't sound like something that will be "fixed" by the time the public beta is out in July (I'm on public beta).

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
The only fix is you have to have the new OS's running on all your devices if you pressed upgrade. That will not change in next beta. It upgrades your iCloud Reminders to support the new features. Therefore once upgraded, your older Reminders app cannot sync to the new Reminders app and vice versa, they won't communicate and have their own separate databases...

I’m running Cantina and iOS 13 on all my devices.. that’s what makes it odd

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
So your Mac has to be on the Catalina beta or you can't use Reminders on it? If so, kind of a deal killer for me. I use Reminders on all four of my devices. It doesn't sound like something that will be "fixed" by the time the public beta is out in July (I'm on public beta).
The fix is not to click the "upgrade" option. There's a warning attached to it stating that non-upgraded devices won't have access to your reminders if you do. So ... don't :)

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
The fix is not to click the "upgrade" option. There's a warning attached to it stating that non-upgraded devices won't have access to your reminders if you do. So ... don't :)

Then how come all the devices running 13 and Catalina don’t show reminders except my iMac? Shouldn’t they be working if I clicked the upgrade button since they’re all running the “latest” version?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Then how come all the devices running 13 and Catalina don’t show reminders except my iMac? Shouldn’t they be working if I clicked the upgrade button since they’re all running the “latest” version?
Yeah, they should be! Try editing or creating a list. I had to collapse and re-open the lists (on my Mac) before they showed on my phone. It does seem a bit flakey.

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Yeah, they should be! Try editing or creating a list. I had to collapse and re-open the lists (on my Mac) before they showed on my phone. It does seem a bit flakey.

Editing and creating a list on my Mac where it works right? My iPhone isn’t letting me create any form of reminders :/
I notice that clicking the upgrade now button doesn’t do anything - it keeps showing up on my iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.