Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rickay726

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
New Jersey
just wondering if any of you guys use the inutos tablet for editing your pictures, i first saw this think in my apple store and thought it was preety cool, and now i also see that other tablet they make called the Cintiq thing is so cool! tobad im not paying 2500 dollars for that haha.

heres the link to the site if any of u guys want to check it out.

link!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I use the tablet daily. I do digital painting, photo restorations, and then of course my photography. I seriously cannot think of a time I spent so much on something that seemed so little at the time.
The only regret, moving from 9x12 to 6x8.

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
i use a less fancy version mainly for drawing though, not so much editing works very well. i have a 4x5 inch, they where on sell at best buy a while back.

Arnaud

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2005
The Moon
I use a ridiculously small Wacom A6-tablet, i.e. the cheapeast available. :D

Despite the small size, and limited motion ability, I like the result when using Photoshop/Adobe, with the pressure control and all.

I can only understand people with a more decently-sized tablet ! Maybe one day I'll upgrade (although I already have enough clutter around my computer...).

Just for the tip: I also use the Shuttle Express gizmo, which is really nice for video edition. It's like the tablet (in my case): you could live without, but it's definitely nicer to live with it :)

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Arnaud said:
I use a ridiculously small Wacom A6-tablet, i.e. the cheapeast available. :D

Despite the small size, and limited motion ability, I like the result when using Photoshop/Adobe, with the pressure control and all.

I can only understand people with a more decently-sized tablet ! Maybe one day I'll upgrade (although I already have enough clutter around my computer...).

Just for the tip: I also use the Shuttle Express gizmo, which is really nice for video edition. It's like the tablet (in my case): you could live without, but it's definitely nicer to live with it :)

I have the same one:D But I can't even draw anything, not even a stick man:D

Arnaud

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2005
The Moon
dextertangocci said:
I have the same one:D But I can't even draw anything, not even a stick man:D

Mmm, I think there's a reason why I enjoy modifying pictures more than actually drawing anything... Utter lack of artistic skills, I'd say ! :D

But the tablet gives a good intuitive tool.

PegasusMedia

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I use the 9x12 all day every day.

Working as a video editor, I use it just like a mouse. I LOVE it. It is SO much more comfortable than a mouse if you sit and use a compute all day long.

Highly recommend.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I have a A4 tablet but I'd rather have the cintiq. Its a pity Wacom haven't released a smaller version instead of plumping for such a beast. A 17" One could have been just as good and cheaper. Of course, to the professional $2500 is nothing. I'm thinking more student here since I am one and want one!

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I also like my Wacom tablets. I have 4X6 and 9X12. With PS and Illustrator, Wacom tablets are very good tools to use. When I am on the road, I take my smaller tablet (4 X 6) along with my iBook. Using Wacom pen as a mouse is also good for your hand.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Wacom driver 4.96-3 for Intel Mac

Have you tried this new Wacom driver with your Intel Mac? I read some mixed reviews on using Wacom tablets with Intel Macs because of some incompatability issues compared to PPC Macs.

Edit: I just installed the latest Wacom driver and it works nicely with MBP.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
The Cintiq

I have a A4 tablet but I'd rather have the cintiq. Its a pity Wacom haven't released a smaller version instead of plumping for such a beast. A 17" One could have been just as good and cheaper. Of course, to the professional $2500 is nothing. I'm thinking more student here since I am one and want one!

Of course you did follow the link to the Cintiq, and noticed that they do come in 15" and 17" flavours as well as the mighty 21" model. Down here in the Antipodes they range in price from 2,000 - 3,000 and $5,000 (NZ$) I'm saving for the 17" model but that is more than enough for my needs.
KGB

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
I've just downloaded the drivers and ordered a cheapo Serial USB convertor so I can use the old Intuos I've had since Windows days.The info is on OSXhints and Tabletmagic (opensource) I'll know if it works in a few days so if your interested PM me.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Wacom now has the wide format Intuos3 tablets in addition to their previous line-up. I have 4X6 and 9X12. I am getting another one so that I can keep 4X6 in my computer bag so that I don't have to take it out and int every day (which is my expensive habit; I set up the duplicate set up in 2 locations so that I don't have to go though thte set up/un-set up every time I move).
It appears the wide format (like 6X11 vs. 6X8) is for double screen set up. If I am going to use it mainly for one screen set up (say, one 23" ACD, one 30" ACD, one 15" MBP screen, and etc), is it better to get the normal width tablet instead of the wide format tablet?
I appreciate the comments from the people who are using the wide format tablet.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I feel like I should have one, but I don't.

I wish there was a way I could borrow one for a week or so, to see if it enhances my workflow before I made the leap.

Do they work with dual monitor setups?

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Of course you did follow the link to the Cintiq, and noticed that they do come in 15" and 17" flavours as well as the mighty 21" model. Down here in the Antipodes they range in price from 2,000 - 3,000 and $5,000 (NZ$) I'm saving for the 17" model but that is more than enough for my needs.
KGB

I didn't see the other 2 models. I'm going to look now though.

EDIT: I've looked and there is nothing there other than the 21inch model. Where do you see 15 and 17 inch versions of the Cintiq range?

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
I didn't see the other 2 models. I'm going to look now though.

EDIT: I've looked and there is nothing there other than the 21inch model. Where do you see 15 and 17 inch versions of the Cintiq range?

OK; on the left hand side of the page you will see under 'cintiq' a DTZ which is the 21" model. When you click on the DTF it expands to show a 'DTF521' which is the 15"er and 'DTF720' which is the 17" model. These are from the linked page.

Hope this helps.

KGB

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I use the widescreen Intuos 3.

Love it and use it everyday for digital art in painter IX.5 and also in photoshop & illustrator. Couldnt go back to a mouse for these tasks EVER again.

I considered the A4 size but didnt have the deskspace, So i went for the A5. Had that about a fortnight before the widescreen model came out - i was gutted, so I sold the A5 and bought the widescreen version, havent looked back since.

Only complaint? Well because I use it every day I go through a fair amount of nibs, and the accessory packs are pricey for what you get.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
OK; on the left hand side of the page you will see under 'cintiq' a DTZ which is the 21" model. When you click on the DTF it expands to show a 'DTF521' which is the 15"er and 'DTF720' which is the 17" model. These are from the linked page.

Hope this helps.

KGB

But if I click on Cintiq, it doesn't give me a Cintiq as the 15 or 17 inch model. The Cintiq is only 21 inch. The original poster was talking about the Cintiq, I know about the other models and I'm not interested in them, they are not the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.