Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
Used the wacom a while ago and loved it. The only regret was not being able to afford the larger sizes. There were nice bundles with wireless mouse along with the tablet.

veroi9

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2006
Ohio
im about to get the graphire4. has anyone used any of the wacom tablets as a complete mouse replacement? does it work well for this? can you navigate the whole computer, not just in photoshop, illustrator, etc? i use windows at work and mac at home.

ive really hurt my wrist over the past year at work doing photo editing...which includes lots and lots of cropping. so right now i cant use a mouse or type with my right hand. im hoping that a tablet will allow me to go back to working on the computer like normal.

also im debating between the 4x5 and the 6x8. any imput? thanks!

sohosid

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
Portland
has anyone used any of the wacom tablets as a complete mouse replacement? does it work well for this? can you navigate the whole computer, not just in photoshop, illustrator, etc? i use windows at work and mac at home.

After using a Wacom for around 10 years, I find it slightly annoying to actually use a normal mouse! The mouse that comes with the Intuos 3 is not bad, but it's not as good as the old Intuos 2 one - it was slighty larger and had a better feel. Sadly, they use different technology and you can't use a '2' on a '3'. Bummer! The pen though is much better with a '3'.

Mike.

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
I have a Wacom Graphire THAT I got for fun with drawing in Illustrator and Flash and retouching for work but I never got used to it and just use my mouse.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
just wondering if any of you guys use the inutos tablet for editing your pictures, i first saw this think in my apple store and thought it was preety cool, and now i also see that other tablet they make called the Cintiq thing is so cool! tobad im not paying 2500 dollars for that haha.

heres the link to the site if any of u guys want to check it out.

link!

Build your own! http://www.bongofish.co.uk/Wacom/wacom_pt1.html

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
I haven't used one for a while, because I haven't used illustrator for a while. But, it really is a fantastic thing to have you know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.