Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
That looks terribly cheap and nasty…
The colors suck but I like the idea of it. Use a leather case when I’m out but slap a silicone back on at home just for the extra grip. I’m just curious how effective they are at staying on the phone.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Nice find, this is how I use my phone: no case but I have a skin on the back. Hopefully someone is brave enough to give it a try.

Reactions: mjpearce023

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Ordered, won’t be here until the week of 1/18. Talk in the new year.
Cool, I’ll wait for your impressions. I sent them a message and they said they are working on a leather version for sometime next year. That might be the route I go.

seyai

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2023
Ordered up a couple earlier this month and they just got delivered today. Overall I like the feel of them, very similar to the silicone cases from Apple without the added width from a case. The extra grip on the back from the added thickness and texture are also really nice. Plan to use this in the house and Arc Pulse case when going out, may even risk it with the PhoneBack if I’m going to someplace like a friend’s house and I’m worried about hard surfaces. Since it relies on MagSafe and friction pads on the majority of the underside, it does have a little give to it towards the bottom side nearer the charging port if you really try to wiggle it but it’s firmly in place where it grips the camera bump. Overall I’m pretty happy with them, got the Red, Warm Grey and Light Mint Green colors in a buy 2 get 1 free deal when I ordered and I like the way Warm Grey suits the raw titanium 15 pro max.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Ordered up a couple earlier this month and they just got delivered today. Overall I like the feel of them, very similar to the silicone cases from Apple without the added width from a case. The extra grip on the back from the added thickness and texture are also really nice. Plan to use this in the house and Arc Pulse case when going out, may even risk it with the PhoneBack if I’m going to someplace like a friend’s house and I’m worried about hard surfaces. Since it relies on MagSafe and friction pads on the majority of the underside, it does have a little give to it towards the bottom side nearer the charging port if you really try to wiggle it but it’s firmly in place where it grips the camera bump. Overall I’m pretty happy with them, got the Red, Warm Grey and Light Mint Green colors in a buy 2 get 1 free deal when I ordered and I like the way Warm Grey suits the raw titanium 15 pro max.
Sounds like I might need to order one. Can you post a pic of the warm grey on the titanium? That’s the one I was looking at.

seyai

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2023
Sounds like I might need to order one. Can you post a pic of the warm grey on the titanium? That’s the one I was looking at.

Here’s the Warm Grey! I also like the Light Mint Green as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3521.jpeg
    IMG_3521.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_3522.jpeg
    IMG_3522.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 386
Reactions: DaPhox

akareggie

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2013
I just received the black one for my phone. I love the simplicity of it, but I am not loving the silicone material. It's attracting all sorts of lint and dust and bits. Maybe a lighter color would hide the dust/dirt, but I wish it used a better silicone or non-sticky material for the back. I've only had it for a day at it feels like it's been dragged across the floor.

Attachments

• IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 217

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Interesting concept. Their Youtube video shows other materials that don't appear to be on the website though. Is that a suede or alcantara showing at the 8 & 10 second mark and again at the 15 second mark?

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Interesting concept. Their Youtube video shows other materials that don't appear to be on the website though. Is that a suede or alcantara showing at the 8 & 10 second mark and again at the 15 second mark?
I think it’s some sort of leather/suede material. They said they were launching a leather version sometime in 2024.

Reactions: DR3MCLAREN

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks for posting this! I used to use a 'case' on my original iPhones 4S 7 possible 5's, that was similar to this, but was a sticker. The bak had kind of a vinyl feel to it. The company went out of business, and I've been searching for a replacement ever since. Looks like Suti only sells these for the 14 & greater phones, and it won't fit my 13 mini, but glad to see that someone is doing this again. The original ones I used were the greatest cases I ever had. They give you just enough grip to make the phones usable without a case, but don't get in the way like a full case does.

akareggie

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2013
Suti responded in the comments of that video. "NanoSuedes" will be available in the next 2-3 months. Other unspecified texture materials not for at least 3-6 months.

Reactions: DR3MCLAREN

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Thanks for posting this! I used to use a 'case' on my original iPhones 4S 7 possible 5's, that was similar to this, but was a sticker. The bak had kind of a vinyl feel to it. The company went out of business, and I've been searching for a replacement ever since. Looks like Suti only sells these for the 14 & greater phones, and it won't fit my 13 mini, but glad to see that someone is doing this again. The original ones I used were the greatest cases I ever had. They give you just enough grip to make the phones usable without a case, but don't get in the way like a full case does.

Check out dbrand, they have skins for the 13mini. I’m using their leather skin on my 15pro and it’s pretty nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 195

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Suti responded in the comments of that video. "NanoSuedes" will be available in the next 2-3 months. Other unspecified texture materials not for at least 3-6 months.
Good catch. I’ll wait for the suede since I don’t typically care for silicone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.