Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrDolomite

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I mailed my device to nerdzy in November 2020 using their pre-printed label.

The device had arrived per tracking number and when I hadn't heard anything I emailed and used the website, but they ghosted me and now both the email and website are gone.

I reached out to Chris to see if he can help/advise on how to proceed.

jmlegnon

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
Doesn't it seem like Flipsy should be reimbursing us at this point? Would any of us have found Nerdzy without Flipsy?

If you notice on the Flipsy site, they are not being transparent, the page about Nerdzy is just gone now, but Google cache is still there:

[/URL]

Does anyone think they really 'verified' Nerdzy before saying they were trustworthy? Or just trying to keep it quiet now?

I saw on Flipsy's PissedConsumer profile that this happened before, with a company called Kobixa. So I doubt that this is all anything more than damage control, they don't verify anything. If anyone actually gets money back from Flipsy post here and correct me. But my guess is they'll just try to finesse through without rectifying anything, after referring us to criminals.

I bet we'd get better, faster results if we spoke up in public on PissedConsumer or Twitter or at BBB.

Last edited:

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
Doesn't it seem like Flipsy should be reimbursing us at this point? Would any of us have found Nerdzy without Flipsy?

If you notice on the Flipsy site, they are not being transparent, the page about Nerdzy is just gone now, but Google cache is still there:

[/URL]

Does anyone think they really 'verified' Nerdzy before saying they were trustworthy? Or just trying to keep it quiet now?

I saw on Flipsy's PissedConsumer profile that this happened before, with a company called Kobixa. So I doubt that this is all anything more than damage control, they don't verify anything. If anyone actually gets money back from Flipsy post here and correct me. But my guess is they'll just try to finesse through without rectifying anything, after referring us to criminals.

I bet we'd get better, faster results if we spoke up in public on PissedConsumer or Twitter or at BBB.

Hard to say. But Nerdzy even had an LLC so they were a fairly legitimate looking company. I wonder how many people they actually scammed.

jmlegnon

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
Yeah, true. But an LLC is maybe 200 dollars. I wonder what verification was/is actually done by Flipsy to consider someone 'Trust verifed' and what will change, since it didn't work. Kobixa customers had the same problem, now Nerdzy, and Flipsy just disappeared them from the site without notice instead of addressing the problem and proposing imrprovements. So I am not optimistic they are doing anything aside from trying to appease people to keep it quiet.

jmlegnon

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2020
I haven't seen a single report of a resolution in this thread, meaning someone got their phone or money back, or that Flipsy did anything about it other than send out emails.

Would be willing to bet if a bunch of us posted to BBB or PissedConsumer we'd get a resolution.

Even aside from money, has anyone even gotten a breakdown of what steps are taken to 'verify' these places? I think what we've received are a bunch of "ooh that's too bad" from people that make money referring us and then just wait it out instead of reimbursing customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.